Shawn Robbins

Thursday (8/23/12) Estimates: EXP2 (2.0) TBL (1.4), TDKR (1.18); Campaign (1.175); H&R (568k)

Does TDKR stand a chance at #3 this weekend?I'm hoping for a 7M weekend which will help it pass Shrek 2.

I don't think Bourne and Paranorman drop that hard this weekend. I think 7 million is looking very possible right now though. 65-70% increase today, and somewhere near 50% increase on Saturday would just about do it. TDKR did take a slightly bigger hit to theater count than I was expecting though. Edited by MrPink

So what is the transition time of year? People say summer is over but these films are still decreasing on Thursdays. Usually there is a small bump on Thursdays during non summer weeks. Strange.

Schools go back midweek usually. Late August Wed/Thurs drops are historically rough and Friday/Saturday jumps get a lot stronger.

OK you're right. I went back and checked mojo. I'm seeing the Thursday increases starting around mid September.

Think I'm hoping too much for a 90% bump for BL just to clear under 50% drop week/week?

The good thing is that all the new releases look really weak. I know if I had to choose a movie over any of those it would be BL, lol.Stayed pretty flat today. 1,407,375. Very good. Edited by ECSTASY

The good thing is that all the new releases look really weak. I know if I had to choose a movie over any of those it would be BL, lol.Stayed pretty flat today. 1,407,375. Very good.

Definitely better than before!Well they can count on 4 tickets from NorCal. Heard that my parents and some of their friends are watching it again. :lol:

Definitely better than before!Well they can count on 4 tickets from NorCal. Heard that my parents and some of their friends are watching it again. :lol:

LMAO Do they pick out all of the places they know in Manila?

LMAO Do they pick out all of the places they know in Manila?

Heh. Asked them the same question, they said the place is too big and wherever they shot could be anywhere. But they said they think they know where the overpass scene happened.