Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films -- 2013 THREAD TO START SOON! POSSIBLE RULE CHANGES ON PG. 50

Quick commentary here (on page 5) do our #1 films get 100 points? I didn't specifically put a rank, but listed it out as a supposed rank. Maybe I should have clarified.Also How to Train Your Dragon (I voted for) is better than BATB. Sorry, don't know what rose-coloured nostalgia glasses you all have on, but BATB is overrated as hell, like much of Disney's output.

Don't worry, I knew your list was ranked.
  • Like 1

How can Casablanca be this low? Not even in the top 25? That is a surprise. I thought it had a shot at number 1, but certainly in the top 5.Glad to see that 12 Angry Men made the list. I didn't think most people knew about that movie.

Edited by Walt Disney

How can Casablanca be this low? Not even in the top 25? That is a surprise. I thought it had a shot at number 1, but certainly in the top 5.Glad to see that 12 Angry Men made the list. I didn't think most people knew about that movie.

They show it in schools... I saw it 3 times over the course of my 16 year education :D

I didn't vote for any animated movies. I don't know how to compare a live action movie to a work of art, which is what animation is. How do I compare Aladdin and Peter Pan to L.A. Confidential and The Usual Suspects?

I am just saying that because I saw Aladdin made the list, but it would have been higher if I included animated movies. I don't understand all the Miyazaki movies making the list or how they can be so high. Maybe there is just more of an international presence on this forum than I originally realized.

I expected a lot of the list to disagree with my own list, since my tastes differ from others. I am surprised to see some of my movies making the list. I am also happy for movies that I didn't vote for like Rocky making the list, even tho I didn't vote for it (I voted for Rocky II, III, and IV tho).

You can't since neither is that great. And the Usual Suspects and Bryan Singer are just disgusting kind of overrated.

You can't since neither is that great. And the Usual Suspects and Bryan Singer are just disgusting kind of overrated.

The Usual Suspects is one of the 4 greatest movies I ever saw. I don't know what you're watching. But Aladdin and Peter Pan are great as well. Certainly better than How To Train Your Dragon.

Three more, and then I'll start going two at a time.

32. Return of the Jedi

Richard Marquand, 1983

"A Jedi Knight? I'm out of it for a little while and everyone gets delusions of grandeur."

Nominated for 4 Oscars

576 points

Synopsis: After rescuing Han Solo from the palace of Jabba the Hutt, the Rebels attempt to destroy the Second Death Star, while Luke Skywalker tries to bring his father back to the Light Side of the Force.

Trivia: At the time, the climactic battle in outer space featured more optical effects in one scene than had ever been previously committed to film.

#31 (...let's get this over with...)

31. The Avengers

Joss Whedon, 2012

"Hulk--smash."

589 points

Synopsis: Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings together a team of super humans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki and his army.

Trivia: The first film to gross $200 million in its first three days in the USA.

30. Apocalypse Now

Francis Ford Coppola, 1979

"The horror, the horror."

Nominated for 8 Oscars, won 2

591 points

Synopsis: During the on-going Vietnam War, Captain Willard is sent on a dangerous mission into Cambodia to assassinate a renegade Green Beret who has set himself up as a god among a local tribe.

Trivia: Francis Ford Coppola threatened suicide several times during the making of the film.

Edited by Sims
  • Like 2