Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films -- 2013 THREAD TO START SOON! POSSIBLE RULE CHANGES ON PG. 50

1 Billion world wide is not an event movie? News to me.

Not a domestic event movie. And I know this is speakeasy, but I mostly focus on Domestic. I don't consider Alice in Wonderland to be an event movie either, for the record. The expanding foreign market isn't something I can easily compare. Therefore, I stick to the domestic box office. Edited by Walt Disney

17. The Social Network

David Fincher, 2010

"Drop the 'The.' Just 'Facebook.' It's cleaner."

Nominated for 8 Oscars, won 3

830 points

Synopsis: Harvard student Mark Zuckerberg creates the social networking website that would become known as Facebook, but is later sued by two brothers who claimed he stole their idea, and the co-founder who was later squeezed out of the business.

Trivia: Every shirt and fleece that Mark wears in the film is something that the real Mark Zuckerberg has worn.

16. Terminator 2: Judgment Day

James Cameron, 1991

"Hasta la vista, baby."

Nominated for 6 Oscars, won 4

837 points

Synopsis: The cyborg who once tried to kill Sarah Connor is dead, and another T-101 must now protect her teenage son, John Connor, from an even more powerful and advanced Terminator, the T-1000.

Trivia: In 78 years, this is the only sequel to win an Academy Award when the previous movie wasn't even nominated.

Edited by Sims
  • Like 1

Yeah, but TA is quality. So it's very different. TA will be a movie that people will still talk about in 10 years.

I did not think TA was that good. You have no idea on how people will view TDKR or TA. People might look back like at SM and think on how badly they aged and how bad the hulk looks now.

16. Terminator 2: Judgment Day

James Cameron, 1991

"Hasta la vista, baby."

Nominated for 6 Oscars, won 4

Synopsis: The cyborg who once tried to kill Sarah Connor is dead, and another T-101 must now protect her teenage son, John Connor, from an even more powerful and advanced Terminator, the T-1000.

Trivia: In 78 years, this is the only sequel to win an Academy Award when the previous movie wasn't even nominated.

:congrats:

15. Forrest Gump

Robert Zemeckis, 1994

"My name's Forrest Gump. My friends call me Forrest Gump."

Nominated for 13 Oscars, won 6

877 points

Synopsis: Forrest Gump, while not intelligent, has accidentally been present at many historic moments, but his true love, Jenny, eludes him.

Trivia: Tom Hanks said that he would make the film only if all the events that took place were true to historical reality.

• Like 2

I did not think TA was that good. You have no idea on how people will view TDKR or TA. People might look back like at SM and think on how badly they aged and how bad the hulk looks now.

I don't think so. No one looks back at Terminator 2 and thinks about how dated the technology looks. It was ground-breaking at the time and people still remember it. The same thing with Star Wars. The special effects don't look state-of-the-art anymore, but people still remember it.

15. Forrest Gump

Robert Zemeckis, 1994

877 points

Synopsis: Forrest Gump, while not intelligent, has accidentally been present at many historic moments, but his true love, Jenny, eludes him.

Trivia: Tom Hanks said that he would make the film only if all the events that took place were true to historical reality.

Son of a bitch. I enjoy Forrest Gump enough, and Tom Hanks is my favorite actor ever, but I cannot abide by this.

15. Forrest Gump

Robert Zemeckis, 1994

877 points

Glad it made the list. Though I thought it should be higher. However, I am glad that it made it.

Yeah, but TA is quality. So it's very different. TA will be a movie that people will still talk about in 10 years.

:rofl:I forgot it as soon as I walked out of theater. ten years from now? :rotfl:
  • Like 2