Halloween II (2009)

7 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The worst horror movie of all timeThis is without a doubt, the worst horror film of all time. It is worse than Night of the Demon, The Ring 2, Leprechaun 27 and Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy on Pluto. Zombie is stuck in a trailer park and he has no clue how to write believable characters or invoke any real fear. This movie is a disgrace to Halloween lore and I hope John Carpenter got paid a lot of money to let him do this. He's going to need it to pay the bills to the shrink he'll be seeing after seeing what Zombie did to this.There is no need to say anything else. This is pure trash.0/10

• Like 2

Best movie in the series after the original.I love that this is a slasher about people. How Michael ruined the lives of Laurie and Annie and how Brackett tries to hold it all together. I feel horrible when Annie dies, I feel even worse when Brackett discovers her body. I was moved by Dourif's performance, I don't think I've ever been moved by a slasher film before.This movie gets a lot of flack, and I understand why, I just couldn't disagree more. When every other remake seems to be shot like a CW show with crappy music and flavour of the month actors, I find it refreshing that Zombie said fuck that, and made a true horror movie. Zombie has a vision, do Nispel or any other of the other glorified music video directors? Zombie wasn't content with making a greatest hits compilation of the Halloween franchise, why should he? Why watch the Friday the 13th or NOES remakes when we've all seen it done before and so much better? Zombie did his own thing and while it isn't to everyone's taste, I applaud him for doing so. Thank you Rob Zombie for not making the same movie we've seen eight times before.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Astonished 1

I don't throw around Fs here a lot. I may have done it like once or twice, but this easily is on that list.Other than Danielle Harris, there is nothing redeeming about this film at all.I get what ddddeee is saying, and I appreciate his opinion and glad he likes it. But for me, just being different is not a reason for a film to be good. Someone could make a 2 hour movie of a guy taking a dump into a bucket the whole time and that would be different, but it doesn't make it good. Plus I don't think this movie is any different than a lot of the bad horror crap that is out there.F

• Like 2

This is awful in almost every way, and Zombie just seems to want to try every conceivable cinematic trick in the book, without the slightest concern over whether it makes sense for the scene, for the characters, or for the movie. The thing is, every so often he strikes gold (by accident, apparently). The moment ddddeeee's talking about is a good example: it's actually pretty great, but completely useless and so utterly un-served by the rest of the movie that it skids past greatness and right into exploitation again. It doesn't provide catharsis, payoff, or incite Laurie or Brackett to deeper, more powerful action. It's just a sudden sliver of a human moment outside of all the utter stupidity happening on-screen before and after, and by lingering (without any of these meaningful beats), it just becomes a crude effort to shock whatever sensibilities you have left. 

Edit: after checking Wikipedia and getting totally confused about their description of the ending, I guess I saw the director's alternate cut.