A Marvel Fanboy

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World | Feb 22, 2019 | 12th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

You'll notice that with the new schedule, DWA is staying out of summer 2017. There is no room.

Interesting that they will be going FOUR YEARS without a summer film. The only other studio avoiding summer entirely is WDAS.

There's a huge gap between Boss Baby and Croods 2. Would have thought they would put in March or even late February unless they don't want to compete with WB's animated film in that month.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

I disagree. Toy Story 4, LEGO Batman, and DM3 would have absolutely massacred it in summer 2017. Not to mention GOTG 2 and the kid appeal there. Out of those 5, Dragon would've suffered the worst by far. Holiday was also out with Illumination's Grinch likely being a heavy hitter, a Pixar film, and DWA apparently having both B.O.O. and Croods 2 scheduled. Even if they replaced one of those with Dragon 3, there's still way too much competition for it. DWA is better off offering up B.O.O. and/or Croods 2 on the sacrificial altar than this. This still has more potential than arguably anything else on their slate. I guess they could've shot for a March 2017 release, but maybe they don't think it will be ready in time for that? All of 2017 is just one big animation clusterfuck in all honesty. Of course summer 2018 isn't exactly looking barren for animation either already, but it doesn't have three animation juggernauts to directly compete with like it would in '17.

I'm just saying that it shouldn't have been in summer 2017 or 2018. If 2018 was happening, they should've at least moved it back to March

• Like 1

Um... Shrek?

(Not saying it was deserved, but it did win.)

Fuck, I forgot that one, I can't believe I did. And it was the first winner, too. (Only time Pixar has ever been nominated and LOST.)

The category is missing from BOM's 2001 Oscar rundown, I should have remembered.

Edited by TServo2049