CoolioD1

Golden Globes 2012 thread (nominations in first post)

Very interesting that HFPA, which loves its ratings, didn't put Ted or Tatum on the list, considering they were two of the biggest things in 2012, and were actually well deserving of noms too. It would have been cool if they went outside the box a little and nominated someone like Liam Neeson for the Grey as best actor in a drama.

:rolleyes: overall, as usual.I'm starting to think Kidman can pull an Oscar nom. No master, no PTA, no Master screenplay but 3 acting nominations. Ok. No parks and rec, Arkin getting an unwarranted nomination AGAIN. At last they recognized Salmon Fishing in the Yemen and Marigold... I have a feeling I'm gonna be very annoyed come Oscar nominations as well.

Very surprised with Salmon Fishing in the Yemen nods!Honestly, I think this a very decent list of Globes nominations especially compared to previous years. Come on they resisted nominating the likes of Depp (Dark Shadows), Pitt (Killing Them Softly), Roberts (Mirror, Mirror) and Cruise (Rock of Ages) for star powerThey also ignored Ted despite the strong box office power not just in the US but worldwide. I mean The Hangover won and isn't Ted the next most successful R-18 comedy? And they chose low profile Salmon Fishing over a box office behemoth

Edited by forg

Very surprised with Salmon Fishing in the Yemen nods!Honestly, I think this a very decent list of Globes nominations especially compared to previous years. Come on they resisted nominating Pitt (Killing Them Softly)

Based on what I have seen so far this year Pitt deserves to get in.

Wish they would recognize TWD and Sons of Anarchy.TV noms at all these award shows always suck because it's like being a part of the Mafia, once you're in, you're nominated every year until your show just dies.

TWD was nominated on its first year and Katey Sagal won a couple of years back.