CoolioD1

Golden Globes 2012 thread (nominations in first post)

Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook -- best actress in a motion picture musical or drama:

"I didn't have anything going on today, so I was asleep. When I woke up, I saw a million texts on my phone. It was just really early. Finding out the news was amazing, and Bradley [Cooper], celebrating with everybody, being able to be with all those people, it's incredible. I'm going to finish my coffee and see how the other nominees will be celebrating."

One of the few reactions not written by a publicist by the way.

• Like 6

Guilds still love it. I'm more surprised by Weisz though. And no Bardem.

I was pretty disappointed to see Bardem and DeNiro not get it but Arkin's nothing performance is managing to sneak in everywhere. That guy's just like Jonah Hill last year... I'm baffled by all the nominations he's gotten so far.

I don't have problem with most of their nominees but it is a shame that most good blockbusters get completely ignored and then these award committees bitch that young people don't watch their shows. There were some quality blockbusters they could've been nominated ( THG, TDKR, Skyfall, TA etc.) but Nope. Of the 30 actors that were nominated only one actress is under 25 and two are around 30. The rest are all older. This is a huge blindspot and it needs to be fixed as most movie goers are under 30.

Edited by TLK

No they screwed up comedy. Smash over P&R and Louie. At least Newsroom is a good show.

It's not.And I totally thought Mad Men had their best season this year and it was the first to lose at the Emmys and now it's been snubbed at the globes? What the fuck everyone?
  • Like 2