CJohn

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter | 1/27/17 | Trailer on Page 10

I've never seen any of these movies, but I'll most likely see the new one in theatres. So do I need to watch the others, or does it affect the story at all?

You need to watch the others. They are all direct sequels to each other.

• Like 1

I've never seen any of these movies, but I'll most likely see the new one in theatres. So do I need to watch the others, or does it affect the story at all?

This is supposed to be direct sequel to 5 I think. You won't need to see the others I'm sure to get whats going on but like anything you should. Although I'm not sure if you watched the others you'd still wanna see this. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood

I don't pretend that the RE films are high art but outside the 5th one they were consistently fun to watch for 90-110min.

Hopefully this film wraps up the saga from the point the 5th one ended. It's set up to do so.

The hidden news here, and maybe it's discussed in the appropriate thread, is not ONE but TWO more additional Bad Boys films??!!

The story is so downright idiotic you might not know what's going on, but...it doesn't matter.

You should watch the others simply cause they are amazingly stupidly amusing.

I have actually not seen anything from any of the previous movies, and most likely won't watch this one either, but it is amazing that this is literally the only successful video game franchise to date. Even more shocking is that it is on the 6th movie of the franchise, with none of them going straight to VOD or anything and with the box office basically staying steady for the entire franchise so far, which is really crazy. 

Even with a gun to my head, I doubt if I will be able to name the previous 5 movies in order though, I know there is a Retribution, an Extinction, an Apocalypse and something else to make it 5 movies with the first one but have literally no idea which are sequels to which.

I have actually not seen anything from any of the previous movies, and most likely won't watch this one either, but it is amazing that this is literally the only successful video game franchise to date. Even more shocking is that it is on the 6th movie of the franchise, with none of them going straight to VOD or anything and with the box office basically staying steady for the entire franchise so far, which is really crazy. 

Even with a gun to my head, I doubt if I will be able to name the previous 5 movies in order though, I know there is a Retribution, an Extinction, an Apocalypse and something else to make it 5 movies with the first one but have literally no idea which are sequels to which.

Resident Evil > Apocalypse > Extinction > Afterlife > Retribution

Your welcome.

What Resident Evil & Underworld have in common ?

?

Mid level budget horror action hot chick in tight clothes B level but I fucking love them anyways movies.

And the first one came out in 2002.

Need I say more?

Edited by kowhite

All you said was right, these movies have a lot in common but the funniest one is that both directors are boning their female leads.

Yes, that too!

Now you're getting it.

Why are we arguing?

Are we arguing?

Edited by kowhite

First 2 Resident Evil movies were complete garbage, never bothered with the rest and I hear they've gotten worse.

Safe to say, if you didn't like the first two...you'll hate the rest.

That's coming from someone who enjoys these. They are what they are.

I genuinely like the Underworld franchise, especially the first two, even the third, the fourth was a bit cheap but Kate was back so free pass.

The Resident Evil movies are fun but they are a big blur to me, I don't remember much from them except the awesome opening sequence of the 5th on the boat.

Safe to say, if you didn't like the first two...you'll hate the rest.

That's coming from someone who enjoys these. They are what they are.

From what I remember, with just a bit more effort they could've been fun B movies like the Underworld series.  I've seen RLM's review of one of the later Resident Evils where there are like tons of Milla Jovovich clones running around with some absurd finale set piece done entirely in slow mo, it just looked like total schlock.