A Marvel Fanboy

Flopped Actors/Actresses Thread

Batman&Robin! :rofl:

More power to Clooney for surviving this and remainingg one of Hollywood`s biggest stars (not so much by the boxoffice but by the prestige his acting/directing/producing projects garner).

If you want group flops look no further from American Pie and Karate Kid (not the Jaden Smith one) casts. Absolutely everyone disappeared one way or the other, even the chick who snagged Oscar nom for that Nick Cage movie disappeared right after it and was last seen in Piranha 3D or somesuch schlock. I`m sure there are more popular ensamble movies where casts went to shit but these two are,like, quintesential examples.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

Really a flop is someone who had a big role, or was super hyped, then did nothing because no one was interested. Brody isnt a flop. Silverstone probably is, and a 90s Aerosmith video, (even a good one) doesn't prove otherwise..

Hayden Christensen, definately.

Haley Joel Osment, probably. Cute, if slightly freaky kid turns into a bloated mess of an adult that is almost uncastable.

Edward Furlong. T2 to nothing. Ok he is IN stuff, but the next big thing he wasnt.

Edited by Rovex

Sometimes I wonder why actors who have made a career in film "lower" themselves to TV, and then I watch the shows and realize it's better than 90% of the stuff they'd get as a studio film actor (I'm looking at you Claire Danes).

Besides it not being a negative anymore. If it is sucessful, More stability. And Longer term prospects means a lot more money. And still a lot of time off during the year, if you have a family.

That`s because there isn`t a universal definition of flop. If you gained exposure with an Oscar nom or win (Kate Hudson,Brody, Jen Hudson) and never come close to it ever again and your movies are considered garbage in averige or you are on Smash which is,like, bottom of the barrell and than some than you are a bone fide flop in your category.

Same with people hyped to be next leading man aka boxoffice such as Borelando. Classic flop.

Edited by fishnets

Brody only has himself to blame. The trick in succeeding is knowning your limits. The guy thought he was a stud and an action material. I don`t know where that shit came from. Anyway, think how smart Leo is. He headlined some movies where he was asked to do some action but that was always some reality-based krav maga, never something OTT or some kung fu that nobody would buy form him. And he certainly didn`t take those roles in Departed, Blood Diamond, Shutter island and Inception when he was in his early 20s and looking like a girl.

Brody only has himself to blame. The trick in succeeding is knowning your limits. The guy thought he was a stud and an action material. I don`t know where that shit came from. Anyway, think how smart Leo is. He headlined some movies where he was asked to do some action but that was always some reality-based krav maga, never something OTT or some kung fu that nobody would buy form him. And he certainly didn`t take those roles in Departed, Blood Diamond, Shutter island and Inception when he was in his early 20s and looking like a girl.

Cleaverly put, Fish.

Actors, to succeed must be self conscious of what they are good at.

Di Caprio is a fine example, Matt Damon too.

Clooney learned that lesson the hard way with Batman but he never went back.

Pitt  may have done a mistake with World War Z for exemple, that totally does not like look like his alley at all.

Carrie-Anne Moss. Beside Matrix and Memento, she did nothing as relevant since 2003.

Excellent point.

I`d put Matthew Fox on the list. He tried to cross over to movies and fall flat on his face every time. Also, sadly, Josh Holloway. Although his fans thought he would happen after Lost it seems there`s very little interest in the industry to use him and he`s 40 already.