A Marvel Fanboy

Flopped Actors/Actresses Thread

Excellent point.

I`d put Matthew Fox on the list. He tried to cross over to movies and fall flat on his face every time. Also, sadly, Josh Holloway. Although his fans thought he would happen after Lost it seems there`s very little interest in the industry to use him and he`s 40 already.

I think Holloway contrary to Fox almost didn't even try hard to be a movie star after Lost. I mean he would have been the perfect John Carter, maybe he wasn't considered due to his age or he doesn't even care to keep starring in B-movies like Ten (a.k.a next Schwarzie flop).

Edited by dashrendar44

how is Adrien Brody a flop when he has a solid line of work after his Oscar win?

Solid work like Predators and that trainwreck above?

King Kong was supposed to make him a leading man. He flopped and then became second/thirth fodder since then.

Actors/Actresses that flopped don't disappear into oblivion flipping burgers, they still work but they're not relevant anymore and not blossoming into movie stars, fulfilling the promise and the hype build upon them at a certain moment. That's the point.

Edited by dashrendar44

Solid work like Predators and that trainwreck above?

King Kong was supposed to make him a leading man. He flopped and then became second/thirth fodder since then.

Actors/Actresses that flopped don't disappear into oblivion flipping burgers, they still work but they're not relevant anymore and not blossoming into movie stars, fulfilling the promise and the hype build upon them at a certain moment. That's the point.

Predators was a financial success if not a memorable film

I took a look at his filmography and several well received smaller films are on it. I don't see how he is a flop. King Kong was not a star making vehicle. Everyone knows that was a special FX vehicle

Predators was a financial success if not a memorable film

I took a look at his filmography and several well received smaller films are on it. I don't see how he is a flop. King Kong was not a star making vehicle. Everyone knows that was a special FX vehicle

Brody thought it was. He chooses to do more commercial movies after Award win. It kind of backfired because people like you don't really remember him in the movie but the FX. So something did go wrong for him if playing in one of the biggest blockbuster of 2005 is not a star-making vehicle.

Brody doesn't have the kind of career his Oscar for The Pianist was supposed to offer him. Starring in Predators, please...

Brody thought it was. He chooses to do more commercial movies after Award win. It kind of backfired because people like you don't really remember him in the movie but the FX. So something did go wrong for him if playing in one of the biggest blockbuster of 2005 is not a star-making vehicle.

Brody doesn't have the kind of career his Oscar for The Pianist was supposed to offer him. Starring in Predators, please...

Predator is a well known franchise and it was produced by Robert Rodriguez who is a well known director. So what is the deal?

Brody is a flop. This is a guy who won an Oscar and can't find work at an age when actors (males) are supposed to be in their prime. He does have a shot at making a comeback as Wes Anderson likes him and keeps giving him small parts in his movies.

Someone mentioned Daniel Radcliffe as a flop. Seriously? His career is just beginning and he may flop if he picks bad roles but that can be said about almost any actor.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Jim Carrey. He is NOT a flop obviously but he seems to have completely vanished from the conversation. This was a guy who used to be paid Adam Sandler money to do comedy movies.

Brody is a flop. This is a guy who won an Oscar and can't find work at an age when actors (males) are supposed to be in their prime. He does have a shot at making a comeback as Wes Anderson likes him and keeps giving him small parts in his movies.

Someone mentioned Daniel Radcliffe as a flop. Seriously? His career is just beginning and he may flop if he picks bad roles but that can be said about almost any actor.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Jim Carrey. He is NOT a flop obviously but he seems to have completely vanished from the conversation. This was a guy who used to be paid Adam Sandler money to do comedy movies.

I agree Brody`s a flop through anf through.

Carrey wanished recently but he`s more faded case than flop. Brody never really happened save that WTF Oscar moment.

Mike Myers faded even more than carrey. WTF Canada?

Renee Zellwegger

Faded. She was really big in her prime as far as awards go. If i`m not mistaken she had 4 consecutive GG nominations (and won 2) and 3 consecutive SAG,BAFTA and Oscar noms (won 2 SAGs back to back I think though one was for BA and another for BSA)