A Marvel Fanboy

Flopped Actors/Actresses Thread

Regarding Carrey, I think he faded because of inner and personal trouble I'd say...

But he is doing well cue Kick Ass 2 and that Steve Carell's movie. He's not front and center superstar anymore but that's better than Brody flop.

Well, I said that he is not a flop but I am surprised that he vanished. Mr. Popper's penguins made nearly $190 million WW and A Christmas Carol made over $325 million so he is not finished by any means. As a pure comedian, Carrey is heads and shoulders above the likes of Paul Rudds, Jason Batemans, Vince Vaughns of the world.

• Like 1

Amen.

Carrey and Ferrell should team up so we can get rid of those painful unfunny comedians especially the Apatow bunch that surrounds him.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Speaking off, Leslie Mann is constantly flopping as the leading lady.

Edited by fishnets

Shailene Woodley.

Look how Hollywood is gonna try to shove her down our collective throats like she s the new J law or something.

Won't work.

Good luck Lionsgate with her !

She s following the Jennifer Lawrence Playbook to a T.

Comes from mediocre TV show that pays the bills. Check

Does the Indie thing : she s in the next Greg Araki film. Check.

Super Hero Movie. TASM 2 Check.

Young Adult Franchise with Lionsgate. Divergent. Check.

Nice try though.

Edited by The Futurist

Shailene Woodley. Look how Hollywood is gonna try to shove her down our collective throats like she s the new J law or something. Won't work. Good luck Lionsgate with her ! She s following the Jennifer Lawrence Playbook to a T. Comes from mediocre TV show that pays the bills. Check Does the Indie thing : she s in the next Greg Araki film. Check. Super Hero Movie. TASM 2 Check. Young Adult Franchise with Lionsgate. Divergent. Check. Nice try though.

She hasn't even arrived yet...how can she be a hasbeen?

I admit, I was trolling a bit with Woodley. She s really trying to be the next jlaw and she is next in the pipeline of Lionsgate/Summit. I guess we ll see.

But she has done one movie that got her noticed. On the strength of that one film she is now going to be in a tent pole. This is every actor's dream. You have her failing and trying to be something even before she's had a chance to piss you off. Give her room to breathe. Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

This thread is really interesting because it shows that while there are a lot of candidates to make it in Hollywood, very few actually make it big or have longevity.

Sorry to turn every thread into a Jlaw's thread but it also shows what a freak of nature her carreer has been.

She has accomplsished at 22 and half what hundreds (thousands) of actresses only dream of ... like all the actresses listed  on this topic

She already has financial security, critical success and box office hits,an Oscar and great directors who want to work with her.

Her Oscar night was a fairy tale you ll tell about  to your grand children.

kristanna Loken

Leelee Sobrieski

Clair Forlani

Freddie Prinze Jr

Rachael Leigh Cook

Oh boy, how many of them are flipping burgers right now, so much it girls that lasted 18 months.

Hollywood is BRUTAL, even more so for actresses who have to fight against time.

Edited by The Futurist