Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

I still don't see how this is gonna be 2013. It's gonna be as rushed as Monument's Men.

I don't get it. Plenty movies have started filming in march and are out by the end of the year in previous years. And it's not as if this is some big scale thing either.

Edited by CoolioD1

I don't get it. Plenty movies have started filming in march and are out by the end of the year in previous years. And it's not as if this is some big scale thing either.

A lot of people don't realize that movies like this and Monuments Men don't take nearly as long to make as big blockbusters.

• Like 1

This will probably go Festival, which could mean delivering Final Cut as early as last week of August or at the latest last week of October. Even if it doesn't screenings will have to start Thanksgiving at the absolute latest, which means delivering Final Cut sometime in the 1st 2 weeks of Novemer. That Leaves O. Russell with as little as 5 months left to shoot and edit and post pro the entire thing, or 7.5 months at the most. That's rather tight of a schedule and when one's aiming for quality over speed it doesn't seem like a wise decision to me to rush production to meet this year's awards deadline.I could see him doing it if the film only began screening on its release date but you have to consider that the whole point of the film is awards consideration and that means it begins screening at least a month before release.

This will probably go Festival, which could mean delivering Final Cut as early as last week of August or at the latest last week of October. Even if it doesn't screenings will have to start Thanksgiving at the absolute latest, which means delivering Final Cut sometime in the 1st 2 weeks of Novemer. That Leaves O. Russell with as little as 5 months left to shoot and edit and post pro the entire thing, or 7.5 months at the most. That's rather tight of a schedule and when one's aiming for quality over speed it doesn't seem like a wise decision to me to rush production to meet this year's awards deadline.I could see him doing it if the film only began screening on its release date but you have to consider that the whole point of the film is awards consideration and that means it begins screening at least a month before release.

Principal photography on Cloud atlas ended on December 2011, the first screening was in late January 2012.

Therefore

You have no point.

Did you like Django Unchained?

Principal photography on Cloud atlas ended on December 2011, the first screening was in late January 2012.ThereforeYou have no point.

Test Screenings are not the same thing as Real Screenings. Test Screenings can screen unfinished movies to gauge an audience's reaction to figure out how to further shape the movie. In Cloud Atlas's case it certainly needed it, and I know for certain it wasn't final cut.

It was not a test screening, do you think a movie like CLoud Atlas gets test screenings ?

The movie was done.

The Wachoskis and Wikler were counscious what a mindfuck the movie was.

Time is irrelevant when making a movie, you have a date, yo get the job done.

And post production has come a long way since the digital revolution.

Editors can cut on the same as the dalies even if the cameras use film.

Edited by The Futurist