Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

It was not a test screening, do you think a movie like CLoud Atlas gets test screenings ?The movie was done.The Wachoskis and Wikler were counscious what a mindfuck the movie was.Time is irrelevant when making a movie, you have a date, yo get the job done.And post production has come a long way since the digital revolution.Editors can cut on the same as the dalies even if the cameras use film.

They were still screening different cuts in August 2012. They were not close to finished in January. And, I'm not saying they can't get it done by November. They could probably cut the film in 2 weeks if pressed for time. I'm just concerned about the quality. I have the same concerns for this and Monuments Men. Though I suppose there's a slightly smaller concern for this one because at least O. Russell shoots fast.

Everybody edits as they film. It's pretty standard these days, although sometimes Post still sometimes takes a long time to finesse.

I should've clarified more. To my knowledge QT movies are already quite far along the editing stage by the time filming finishes. I don't believe other directors accomplish as much as QT does before Filming ends.
  • Like 1

I should've clarified more. To my knowledge QT movies are already quite far along the editing stage by the time filming finishes. I don't believe other directors accomplish as much as QT does before Filming ends.

He should've done a lot more after with Django.
  • Like 1

He should've done a lot more after with Django.

I think Django was a missed opportunity. Harvey was pressing him like crazy for final cut to screen for awards, and QT had I imagine a hard time letting some of the stuff go. There was a crap load of bloat in the movie.

Two financial con-artists who are also lovers, join forces with the fbi to take down corrupt politicians. 

This sounds good. Judging from the wardrobe and hair it looks like a period piece. Late 70s early 80s maybe?

Edited by ECSTASY

Amy Adams for Oscar! ADF will have a major meltdown when she gets in and El Senor doesn`t. Just wait.

I agree. She seems to be overdue and with Martinggdale not getting amazing reviews and Roberts moving to supporting, it may just be her time! 

SLP went through a ton of finessing -- multiple test screenings, etc.

Eh, true but that film was a much more difficult sell then this. Tone had to be right to not treat illness as a joke but still be funny. This seems to be much more straightforward period piece in comparison. . 

Amy Adams for Oscar! ADF will have a major meltdown when she gets in and El Senor doesn`t. Just wait.

I'm not even gonna try to get my hopes up anymore at Adams. I've resigned myself to relegating her to Susan Lucci or Thelma Ritter territory. 

I'm not even gonna try to get my hopes up anymore at Adams. I've resigned myself to relegating her to Susan Lucci or Thelma Ritter territory. 

LOL please not Erika Kane territory. What's the deal on Thelma Ritter? I'm classic movie fan and have seen her in a number of films but she seems to play the same character in all of them. The only time I saw her in an expanded role was with a film with Gene Tierney. The name escapes me.

I like Ritter, but I was commenting on the fact that Ritter was only ever nominated in supporting, and never won despite 6 nominations.

Ritter's first nomination came at age 49 and her 6th was at age 61. Adams has 4 Oscar noms at the age of 38 already.I'm more worried about her becoming the next Peter O'Toole (who also had 4 Oscar noms and no wins at age 38).