Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

@eug is head of NYFF btw.

@eug: OK, I'm (even more) curious: A friend on FB saw AMERICAN HUSTLE & posted, "I have only one word - MASTERPIECE!!" Also called it 'amazing'.

@eug: My friend said JLaw gave the best female supporting performance of all time

Sweet Jesus mother of God. If JLaw walks away this season without a nod for either CF or AH then there is no justice.
  • Like 1

@eug is head of NYFF btw.

@eug: OK, I'm (even more) curious: A friend on FB saw AMERICAN HUSTLE & posted, "I have only one word - MASTERPIECE!!" Also called it 'amazing'.

@eug: My friend said JLaw gave the best female supporting performance of all time 

Posted Image

• Like 5

I'm not paying too much attention to early reactions on perfromances - JLaw isn't exactly short of people who worship the ground she walks on and will judge her accordingly.

This looks like a fun period caper, if it's anything more then so much the better.

Edited by Hatebox

@jessecrall: Very early, very tentative word on AMERICAN HUSTLE is that it's a masterpiece. And the Russell Roll continues.@carolmarshall: Wow...David O Russell got a standing O at screening of American Hustle at @officialSBIFF Cinema Society

He made one of the worst films ever in I Heart Huckabees but I've really liked everyone of his other films
  • Like 1

Tapley - "People seem to really like it so probably gonna do well."

Sounds like a case similar to The Dark Knight Rises where Tapley's not a huge fan but most everyone else (critics-wise) like/love it. 

Well, he disliked SLP and it still did well at the box office and with awards bodies. Anyways, there were some boos, too and someone who saw the movie warned it can be quite divisive. So expect the reaction to be more mixed-positive.

Well, he disliked SLP and it still did well at the box office and with awards bodies. Anyways, there were some boos, too and someone who saw the movie warned it can be quite divisive. So expect the reaction to be more mixed-positive.

Links or it didn't happen.