Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

8 hours ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

I really disliked this trailer.

For one thing, I think it's dishonest for them to use all the footage from the MGM films. WB had nothing to do iwth the making of those,they just picked up the rights in the  early 90's when MGM was in deep kimchee and had to sell off their library.

I also hated that  there so few films from Warner's golden age...none of the Cagney gangster films, which really founded the genre, no Errol Flynn, little Bette Davis. And you show Kevin Costner Robin Hood but not Flynnis????

over 80% of it is from the past 25 years. Talk about disrespecting your own heritage.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I really disliked this trailer.

For one thing, I think it's dishonest for them to use all the footage from the MGM films. WB had nothing to do iwth the making of those,they just picked up the rights in the  early 90's when MGM was in deep kimchee and had to sell off their library.

I also hated that  there so few films from Warner's golden age...none of the Cagney gangster films, which really founded the genre, no Errol Flynn, little Bette Davis. And you show Kevin Costner Robin Hood but not Flynnis????

over 80% of it is from the past 25 years. Talk about disrespecting your own heritage.

They skipped over the first movie with recorded dialogue. I get why. But still.

and they also skipped Chuck. I liked Chuck. Chuck was a good show.

It's for the best, honestly. There was just too much baggage attached with Cavill as Superman. This will at least allow for James Gunn and Peter Safran to start fresh and go in a less polarizing direction. 

Besides, never say never to Cavill playing another DC character...

• Like 6

Really appreciate how up front Gunn has been throughout this process.

Feel bad for Cavill after the studio told him to announce his return only for this to happen. For me it’s always been character first over actor but I still feel for him. 

• Like 1

Holy fuck. 

1) This has to be viewed as a massive rebuttal to The Rock, no?

2) Good lord, WB. Makes up your damn minds. This is the wrong direction to go at this point in time, no doubt about it. 

3) Jacob Elordi rumors in 3, 2, 1...

Edited by excel1

8 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Really appreciate how up front Gunn has been throughout this process.

Feel bad for Cavill after the studio told him to announce his return only for this to happen. For me it’s always been character first over actor but I still feel for him. 

Don't Worry. Cavill will land on his feet.

2 minutes ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

I'm confused here. They're saying Cavill's not Superman, but they still want him to be Superman at a later time, right?

I think It would be another role or

maybe an older Superman later on.