Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Also I'll just say one more thing on this Snyder stuff/Gadot stuff, etc etc

I think it's real weird how much vitriol Gal gets. I completely am pro-Palestine, etc etc. But Gal has literally only posted like 1 pro-Israel thing on her social media, and it was like a generic prayer for the people of Israel. Whatever, get over it folks. Obviously she's going to lean that way because it's near impossible to find any unbiased information regarding that situation, and she grew up there.

/end

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

Obviously they exist, etc etc...

But I've noticed a very common trend that happens online/everywhere. People like to over exaggerate. Saw someone on twitter post something, they got replies/RTs arguing with them, and they followed up and said "wow everyone is being so mean to me about this".

So I looked... and there were 2 replies. This stuff happens all the time.

Completely agree. This is the internet in a nutshell, really.

Jett from BOF is insinuating that Affleck is likely to direct The Brave and The Bold. Add in Mangold for Swamp Thing and seeing likelihood for Gunn for Superman, pretty epic group of creators at the helm.

4 hours ago, excel1 said:

Jett from BOF is insinuating that Affleck is likely to direct The Brave and The Bold. Add in Mangold for Swamp Thing and seeing likelihood for Gunn for Superman, pretty epic group of creators at the helm.

Mangold would be a coup, but Affleck ain't what he was a few years ago. "Live By Night" his last film as a direcror in 2016, was prerry much a disaster.Clear he on the downhill side of his career.

12 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

someone explain to me the magic mic 3 release stategy

The Amazing Maurice was released in 1700 theatres this week. Its an animated movie with some big name voice actors that has already been released on a streaming service in the UK months ago (so you can download a nice copy of it if you want easily) and in other countries theatrically a while ago. Somehow they decided to release it in the US now. 

Magic Mike 3 wont even manage to have that many theatres next week. I understand they can get the better locations and so on and most of the box office is from those prime spots but still it sends a very poor message. I guess Evil Dead wont get much better of a release either now.  

I guess the only logic is that they are broke and cutting back as much as they can. 

On 2/1/2023 at 1:14 PM, dudalb said:

You have a point but, let's face it, talking abou tthe DCU without talking about the Snyderverse and it's fans is like trying to talk about World War 2 and not mention Hitler.

Just saw this. No further comments

On 2/3/2023 at 4:53 PM, dudalb said:

Mangold would be a coup, but Affleck ain't what he was a few years ago. "Live By Night" his last film as a direcror in 2016, was prerry much a disaster.Clear he on the downhill side of his career.

I know you do a lot of concern trolling but my god dude. 

Affleck has directed, in order:
Gone Baby Gone - 95% RT - $20 mil Dom - $34 mil WW

The Town - 92% RT - $92 mil Dom - $152 mil WW

Argo - 96% RT - $136 mil Dom - $227 mil WW

Live By Night - 34% RT - $10 mil Dom - $21 mil WW

Air - (supposedly excellent) - Amazon

Just an absolute ridiculous claim to make that he's on the "downhill side of his career".

• Thanks 1