baumer

Weekend numbers Oct 19-21

I think their budget is more hype than real. Chernobyl Diaries supposedly had a very tiny budget but Hollywood Analysts SNL-Kagan called it a flop based on estmates that the movie's actual cost was $89 million when you factor in everything( Production, Worldwide distribution and marketing). For a movie like PA4 the actual cost must be closer to $150 million.

Tell me you're kidding. You can't seriously be on a movie box office website and believe they spent 150 mill on PA4. :rofl:
  • Like 2

http://www.hollywood...iday-box-380920In North America, horror pic may not open as high as previous two in Halloween franchise but it's stronger overseas; Tyler Perry's "Alex Cross" enjoying solid matinee business.Paramount's Paranormal Activity 4 is scaring up good business as it opens around the globe and could hit $60 million in its worldwide debut -- 12 times its tiny $5 million production budget. There is a caveat. In North America, the R-rated horror pic is trailing Paranormal Activity 3, which grossed $26.3 million on Friday for a weekend debut of $52.6 million, a series best.Early returns suggest Paranormal 4 may earn $15 million on Friday (including $4.5 million in Thursday latenight shows) for a weekend debut in the $35 million range. That's also less than the $40.7 million opening of Paranormal Activity 2 in 2009.Studio insiders say there is much more competition in the marketplace this October as a number of films -- including holdovers Taken 2, Argo, Hotel Transylvania and last weekend's new horror offering Sinister -- continue to overperform. And there's always the possibility of franchise fatigue. Edited by ECSTASY

Tell me you're kidding. You can't seriously be on a movie box office website and believe they spent 150 mill on PA4. :rofl:

That's a bigger budget than most movies this year! If they spent $150M on PA4, there must be a problem with this world.
  • Like 1

Why is everyone hating on PA3 ending?

The guy got his spine snapped, right? That was pretty fucked up... and I found the house of oldies to be very spooky.

Because it had nothing to do with the first two. Just a society of geriatrics suddenly show up and think they are going to perform sacrifices for the Wicker Man.

Nice. About time this bore-as-fuck useless horror franchise died.What a great statistics it would be if PA4's total can't match PA3's opening. Has that ever happened to a franchise before?

Without looking it up, maybe Texas Chainsaw Massacre and or Halloween.

Well so much for my theory of it being the biggest OW not to make 100M. But I knew it would drop at least. (Had it not been for the record that I wanted...then I would of predicted 40M)