baumer

Wreck it Ralph

46 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

As Dar said, this deserved to win Best Animated Feature over Brave, which isn't nearly half as good as this.

To my review now.

For the past few weeks, I wanted to watch this, but kept delaying it thinking that the movie wasn't anything special and that it could wait. I was never so wrong.

I got hooked instantly and I've got to say you don't connect with the characters in any animation like you did in this. I loved every single minute and wished it was even longer than it was. I loved both Ralph and Vanellope and they gave me a few hearty laughs. Just have to say that Rihanna's "Shut Up and Drive" couldn't have fit better with the racing scene, and it was hilarious too.

Also, near the end where Ralph decides to sacrifice himself to save Vanellope, it reminded me so much of the Iron Giant and I actually teared up. Nothing makes you realize how much you actually connect with a character like when you see them doing something like Ralph wanted to do.

Anyways, this movie is the best animated movie I've seen yet, but I haven't watched Toy Story as of now (Don't throw anything), but I'm totally going to watch that soon.

10/10

• Like 2

A- 9/10 Damn! talk about how I was surprised, strong script and naturally funny, reminded me of Scott Pilgrim (great!) with emotion. Top 5 animations non-pixar

Edited by Goffe

Rented it and watching it again. Now I can see why it didn't win animated feature-since older audiences wouldn't get some of the jokes (as I said before), but I still really love this film.But yeah older people wouldn't get it that much (The animated film that would actually have the most nostalgia last year for them would be Frankenweenie)

Well I will be back.

Haven't seen this since November 2012, but I'm going with B.

Never really bought into Ralph's struggle. Why exactly does he feel so bad about himself? Doesn't Felix at least not hate him? Maybe if I saw it again, I might see something there.

And I can totally leave mini-Sarah Silverman. Didn't care either way about that, either.

Ralph's monologue is touching, though.

On 11/11/2012 at 9:35 PM, tribefan695 said:

I loved all the imagination that went into the environment designs and character animation, and Ralph makes for a sympathetic protagonist with a terrifically written and developed relationship with Vanellope (who, as voiced by Sarah Silverman, was far more tolerable than I feared). The finale is loaded with a variety of dazzling spectacle and I'm tempted to say it's one of the best produced Disney climaxes of all time.

For all the things this movie does right, though, there are some significant problems that keep me from giving it an A grade. The plot itself has a rather flimsy setup which made it difficult for me to be fully engaged in Ralph's adventures initially, and I found the bathroom humor laid on too thick for my tastes by the end. I also wish they could've figured out a way to better utilize the Hero's Duty environment because it was one of the most beautifully realized sequences in the film and we only really got to experience it for like five minutes. The pop interludes (Shut Up and Drive? In a family movie?) were kind of a distraction too.

B+

Man, this was truly the "desire to fit in" effect at full power. The second paragraph has become way more pronounced in my mind since seeing this than the first. Maybe I ought to watch this again too (probably will before the sequel comes out)

• Like 1

On August 27, 2016 at 7:08 PM, tribefan695 said:

Man, this was truly the "desire to fit in" effect at full power. The second paragraph has become way more pronounced in my mind since seeing this than the first. Maybe I ought to watch this again too (probably will before the sequel comes out)

Or you could just skip it (and the sequel). :ph34r: 

2 minutes ago, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

Or you could just skip it (and the sequel). :ph34r: 

I would, but Rich Moore's got a free pass now with his most recent movie

And I've liked sequels a lot better than originals before (22 Jump Street being the most prominent example)

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Wrote this last week:

One of these days I'll actually review this movie and probably up my score, but probably at a time when I've not been up for eighteen hours straight or responsible for over fifteen children. That said, it's still an effective animated comedy with a clear passion for video games and a strong heart to it. Definitely a good way to waste sometime during a lock-in.

Edited by Blankments