A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

13 hours ago, fmpro said:

Will Rambo be released in China?

According to wiki

Rambo: Last Blood was released theatrically in the United States on September 20, 2019.[67]Dadi purchased the Chinese distribution rights and agreed to an eight-figure co-financing deal.[68] On July 30, 2019, the MPAA assigned the film an R rating.[69]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, POTUS 2020 said:

According to wiki

Rambo: Last Blood was released theatrically in the United States on September 20, 2019.[67]Dadi purchased the Chinese distribution rights and agreed to an eight-figure co-financing deal.[68] On July 30, 2019, the MPAA assigned the film an R rating.[69]

Dadi bought Rambo and TE4 very early in 2017. Many titles Dadi bought didn't end up in theaters though.

• Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, movieboner said:

What's the next Hollywood movie that will make big numbers in China? $200 million or more.

Hard to say. But until May where all the big like Black Widow and FF9 opens i only see Godzilla vs Kong having a shot

https://www.imdb.com/calendar/?region=cn

Mulan - March 2020 is an obvious candidate for a big Hollywood movie in that market.

Before that only Terminator has a dark horse shot at it, last one in 2015 made 113 and back then I think we would have said that a 2019 sequel in that market featuring Arnold and with Cameron name could have a good shoot, but the market didn't grew that much since for the average Hollywood title i feel like versus what it did between 2011 and 2015.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Mulan - March 2020 is an obvious candidate for a big Hollywood movie in that market.

Before that only Terminator has a dark horse shot at it, last one in 2015 made 113 and back then I think we would have said that a 2019 sequel in that market featuring Arnold and with Cameron name could have a good shoot, but the market didn't grew that much since for the average Hollywood title i feel like versus what it did between 2011 and 2015.

Mulan yes ofcourse. But far from locked 

Terminator DF has close to zero chance for almost 1,5B yuan IMO

49 minutes ago, movieboner said:

What's the next Hollywood movie that will make big numbers in China? $200 million or more.

26 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Fast9? (May 2020)

Edited by a2k

54 minutes ago, movieboner said:

Will Frozen 2 make big numbers?

Probably not. It only made 48M in China (on February 5th), but Japan is going to demolish it big time. It opened a month later in Japan (March 14th) and ended up making a whopping 249M over there.

9 hours ago, movieboner said:

9 hours ago, fmpro said:

Hard to say. But until May where all the big like Black Widow and FF9 opens i only see Godzilla vs Kong having a shot

9 hours ago, Barnack said:

I also think T6 has a long shot.

Mulan should try $400

Edited by A Marvel Fanboy
  • Like 1

“As long as Quentin can make some cuts, it will be released as planned,” the source said.

This was discussed also here in Germany with many saying that they understand the daughter's feelings. But because I did not see the film, I can not agree or disagree.

Around 60 mill Yuan incl MN for GM

Poor PS multiplier on OD and bad rating could suggest sub 50 mill $ total. Maybe 40

Mal with smaller OD incl MN 37 but could overtake GM on sat or sun 

• Like 5