A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

So will Transformers fall harshly this weekend or can the two of them co-exist?

As olive said, even TT3 open this weekend (in fact it opens on 17th July), it will do no harm to TF4 at all as TT3 is in 2D ONLY.  TF4 is released exclusively in 3D and it never get a release in 2D in China.

Edited by A K A
  • Like 1

As olive said, even TT3 open this weekend (in fact it opens on 17th July), it will do no harm to TF4 at all as TT3 is 2D ONLY.  TF4 is released exclusively in 3D (never get a release in 2D). 

What??? All of this insane money has been made even though people had been forced to see it on 3d? That's impressive. It'd have made more had they released it in 2d as well.

What??? All of this insane money has been made even though people had been forced to see it on 3d? That's impressive. It'd have made more had they released it in 2d as well.

Almost all blockbusters are released in 3D only these days, crazy I know and it sucks.

This year I only got a chance to see EOT in 2D.

• Like 1

Almost all blockbusters are released in 3D only these days, crazy I know and it sucks.

This year I only got a chance to see EOT in 2D.

Yeah that sucks. What about people who can't watch 3D (my brother can't as he had a bad headache from watching 3D movies)?

I used to love watching movies in 3D myself but I found out later that most of the 3D blockbusters weren't 3D worthy.

• Like 3

Yeah that sucks. What about people who can't watch 3D (my brother can't as he had a bad headache from watching 3D movies)?

I used to love watching movies in 3D myself but I found out later that most of the 3D blockbusters weren't 3D worthy.

Same!  +1

• Like 2

No second choice in China as always. :(

I hate 3D too.

• Like 1

Okay let's project TF4's possible run from here. For Tue-Thurs, we could see numbers like 50-45-40. Then for weekend, we may see 40-60-50. So that's 1710m after 3 weeks.Then for Mon-Thurs, it may gross another 80m. The key would be the 4th weekend drop. If it drops even 70%, it will be at 1835m after 4th weekend. Then 5th week would be around 40m and cume would be 1875m, which is $302m at present exchange rates.And that would be the final total assuming its run doesn't get extended.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 6

This is pretty close to locked for $300m which really says so much about the current state of the film industry in general. This is one of the most interesting box office stories of the last decade imo. Not to sound obnoxious, but there really are a huge amount of cultural and political implications here.