A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

No, Transformers didn't do that for the week, it was the weekend.

Transformers 3 weekend was 40M according to press release from Paramount, OD was 16M. BOM says TF3 has 56M opening. I was tracking TF3's OS gross - I remember this situation.

Transformers 3 weekend was 40M according to press release from Paramount, OD was 16M. BOM says TF3 has 56M opening. I was tracking TF3's OS gross - I remember this situation.

Ok. It's still annoying....all of these reports had some wild numbers.

http://www.hollywood...ttleship-312282

Thanks to its humongous opening in China, Titanic 3D proved the foreign theatrical circuit’s unsinkable No. 1 box office champ on the weekend, grossing $88.2 million from 9,889 venues in 69 overseas territories covering more than 100 countries.

The debut tally in China – $58 million drawn from 3,500 sites – accounted for the lion’s share of the total weekend take, and is distributor 20th Century Fox’s biggest opening gross in the market ever. Fox said the retrofitted film’s six-day China bow is 32% more than the totalmarket gross (a then record $44 million) of the original Titanic in China in 1998.

So "weekend take" is really opening week, that is how numbers are given for china? That is confusing. They should just say opening week or gross then.

Edited by skykisser

Without delving to much into it , china all over the place with release dates as in which day of the week films are released, the original just 3 day figure fri-sun was around $us41mil and pre that another $us15mil, some reports could have mentioned it either way