A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

25 minutes ago, fmpro said:

You cant “half up” from 6,30pm on OD/OW. That usually happens from monday/tuesday the first week. 

52-55 mill OD like @POTUS and i said yesterday

I didn't half up from that. I took 66%, while during weekdays I take 55-60%. Besides its ¥49mn at 20:30 CST, ¥55mn plus can be done.

Besides, you guys had ¥50-51mn I think, mine was ¥60mn, seems like will be in mid of that.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Deadpool 2 crossed ¥40mn at around 18:30 CST, should go for ¥60mn ($8.8mn) plus opening day. Since WOM is poor, going by 7.9 Maoyan score, shall mostly do 2.8-2.9x opening day during weekend, unless it surprises. $25mn weekend.

If WOM was okay, would have hit $30mn plus most likely.

Edit: At 20:00 CST, its ¥46mn. ¥52-54mn at best. WOM affect 🤔.

I assumed WoM was already out there since its available online and had a douban score

49 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I didn't half up from that. I took 66%, while during weekdays I take 55-60%. Besides its ¥49mn at 20:30 CST, ¥55mn plus can be done.

Besides, you guys had ¥50-51mn I think, mine was ¥60mn, seems like will be in mid of that.

@POTUShad 51 and i had 50-55. But whatever

I dont fully get your math but if it works then fine.

Weekdays are often quite easy. If its at 20 mill by 6,30 it will do 29-31 mill unless its a movie mainly for children

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

Not sure a weird family-friendly edit of Deadpool 2, built around an American cult classic movie, was the best way to introduce the character to the GA in China. I wonder what it means for X-Force or the next Deadpool (if they ever happen).

44 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Why can't they just release R rated film. Will that be so bad?

Things are bad in India for censorship but atleast R rated films are released.

They did release a censored version of Logan tho which worked did well

43 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

So what's the problem?

Maybe the violence/gore in the film? Then again Logan got a release there and I felt like that was more violent than Deadpool 2 (and even Deadpool) Im not really sure exactly why it hasnt passed censorship tbh but maybe someone like @Gavin Feng can give more insight as to why specifically the Deadpool films have had trouble passing the censor. 

Edited by Nova