A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

46 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Hopes for Titanic -

I am not sure why Fox/Disney haven't considered sending Titanic for release approval. Quite, easy to re-release old film (that were released back in past).

What would be the point? February is literally jam packed. There are 13 new films scheduled for release in Chinese theatres between 5 and 17 February so far. A Titanic re-release will most likely be rejected due to a busy schedule. If it somehow manages to get approval it’s going to get a limited release which won’t generate any money for Disney. 

7 minutes ago, Clear Sky Master said:

What would be the point? February is literally jam packed. There are 13 new films scheduled for release in Chinese theatres between 5 and 17 February so far. A Titanic re-release will most likely be rejected due to a busy schedule. If it somehow manages to get approval it’s going to get a limited release which won’t generate any money for Disney. 

Even, if I want to be honest - I would consider releasing Titanic instead of Wakanda Forever. 

Well, 2022 Avatar Remastered didn't get release due to October Holidays being at the corner but.. eh, Titanic could have been a good post Spring Festival Release when schedule are a bit mild with re-release is easy with past approval records. 

Now, this won't get release as you have pointed above.. My point is that why they didn't consider sending the copy when they planned to release it globally on it's 25th Anniversary back in Dec/Jan 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

On 2/2/2023 at 1:58 AM, Issac Newton said:

Back from my source, announcing back dates that were approved for Chinese Release.

2022 French Film "The Son" - 24 February, 2023

2023 Hollywood Film "Shazam! Fury of the Gods" - 17 March, 2023 (moving up/down)

2022 Japanese Film "Suzume's Locking-Up" - 24 March, 2023

2022 British Film "Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris" - 31 March, 2023

2018 Indian Film "Sui Dhaaga- Made in India" - 31 March, 2023

2021 Cantonese Film "One For The Road" - 1 April, 2023

2002 Japanese Film "Detective Conan: The Phantom of Baker Street" - 4 April, 2023

Whoever decided the release has taste, The Phantom of Baker Street is in the top 3 of Detective Conan movies

• Heart 1

55 minutes ago, Xiaoshu said:

So TWE2 is back to the top, interesting. 

I think we're into the 2nd week of Chinese New Year, and people are ready for sad movies again 😋.

Also, more and more positive reviews are coming out praising the film for its scope and storyline.

I plan to watch it at the weekend here in Malaysia too.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Even, if I want to be honest - I would consider releasing Titanic instead of Wakanda Forever. 

Well, 2022 Avatar Remastered didn't get release due to October Holidays being at the corner but.. eh, Titanic could have been a good post Spring Festival Release when schedule are a bit mild with re-release is easy with past approval records. 

Now, this won't get release as you have pointed above.. My point is that why they didn't consider sending the copy when they planned to release it globally on it's 25th Anniversary back in Dec/Jan 

A Titanic re-release was never getting that many premium screens to begin with so that may have influenced Disney’s decision. Besides,  Disney gets to keep all the monies made from Marvel movies and doesn’t have to share any of that with James Cameron unlike Titanic.

On 2/2/2023 at 6:28 AM, Issac Newton said:

Back from my source, announcing back dates that were approved for Chinese Release.

2022 French Film "The Son" - 24 February, 2023

2023 Hollywood Film "Shazam! Fury of the Gods" - 17 March, 2023 (moving up/down)

2022 Japanese Film "Suzume's Locking-Up" - 24 March, 2023

2022 British Film "Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris" - 31 March, 2023

2018 Indian Film "Sui Dhaaga- Made in India" - 31 March, 2023

2021 Cantonese Film "One For The Road" - 1 April, 2023

2002 Japanese Film "Detective Conan: The Phantom of Baker Street" - 4 April, 2023

Confirming Update for Conan (backing my source). Waiting just for the official poster!!

697d-5c39a13c1ed4d85276e132b27c6d237f.jp

2 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

BP2 OD prediction:$3.06m

Open with 3rd position of daily box office rank.

Overall probably $18-20m,put WW gross close to 860m

What about A2 final run predictions now ? And will Titanic be rereleased in China ?

The Wandering Earth 2 is picking up steam. Can’t believe some people here actually thought that the sequel was going to flop and that Avatar 2 would retake its premium screens once the CNY holidays over. Or to be precise, hoping that TWE2 would fail to live up to expectations so that Avatar 2 could regain its showings. 

Against these domestic blockbusters, Avatar brand simply can’t compete.