02.09.2015 Beijing time 00:10 -- Minions - 673

03.09.2015 Beijing time 00:01 -- Minions - 1033

04.09.2015 Beijing time 00:10 -- Minions - 1972

07.09.2015 Beijing time 00:01 -- Minions - 4457

08.09.2015 Beijing time 01:30 -- Minions - 6780

09.09.2015 Beijing time 00:50 -- Minions - 11187

Edited by abra
  • Like 3

Meh. Half of AOU cannot be good. That opened on a tuesday as well.

Curious, but did you even see RN? I appreciate your input but almost all of your posts has been negative about it. Even when it has been holding better than expected in the US after a soft opening, you're still not happy about its performance.

• Like 1

MI5 will perform very differently than Ultron...it doesn't have the same hardcore fans that show up for the midnight shows and opening day screenings; it'll have much longer legs. Despite Minions opening on Sunday, both films will be able to coexist.

Meh. Half of AOU cannot be good. That opened on a tuesday as well.

Edited by jiangsen
  • Like 5

.... as the man behind Rogue Nation’s probable $200M+ run in the Middle Kingdom. .... Alibaba Pictures .. invested an undisclosed sum in t... franchise, but also partnered with Paramount Pictures to throw the full force of Alibaba’s horizontal and vertical integration behind the film through marketing, online ticketing, and merchandising.

Taobao Movi... began selling Rogue Nation tickets nearly one month ago and sold ¥1 million ($157K) worth of tickets in just one hou.....

.....Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation has earned an estimated $18.5 million on Tuesday, making it the second biggest opening day for a 2D film behind this summer’s local hit Jianbing Man.

Rogue Nation premiered on more than half of China’s 26,000 screens and accounted for 90% of Tuesday’s box office total.....long and healthy run thanks to Alibaba Pictures’ push and significantly outgross Ghost Protocol’s $106 million. Universal’s ....global behemoth Minions opens up next Sunday, but we believe both movies can co-exist .... Additional details on Minions will be provided in next week’s preview.

some more insight here to read (not allowed to quote the complete article/preview here)

http://pro.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2015-09-08-weekly-chinese-box-office-preview-mission-impossible-rogue-nation-set-for-massive-china-run

http://www.screendaily.com/reviews/asia-pacific/hundred-regiments-offensive-tops-china-box-office/5092647.article?blocktitle=LATEST-INTERNATIONAL-BOX-OFFICE-NEWS&contentID=40071

...The Hundred Regiments Offensive topped... August 31-September 6, grossing $39.4m for a cumulative total of $61.97m after 10 days.....film,.... of online speculation that it has received a boost from cinemas that are under pressure from the authorities to hit certain box office targets.

..... takings from other movies, including Terminator Genisys and Cao Baoping’s The Dead End, have been re-assigned to the film.

Terminator Genisys ..second over the week, a... grossing $26.67m for a cume of $111.92m after 15 days.

.. The Dead End came in third with $22.38m for a cume of $42.95m after 11 days.

...Office opened in fourth position, grossing $6.9m in five days. ...

... Monster Hunt inched closer to becoming the biggest film of all time in China, grossing $4.83m for a  cume of $389.07m....

... Go Away Mr Tumor came in sixth with $3.45m for a cume of $81.59m after 25 days.

...The Assassin, which grossed $3.02m in its second week, and has taken $9.39m after 11 days.

...Amazonia grossed $1.76m in three days;.

Enchanted Mi.rror Romance took $1.67m in four days; a...

All You Need Is Love grossed $1.46m in three days.

Curious, but did you even see RN? I appreciate your input but almost all of your posts has been negative about it. Even when it has been holding better than expected in the US after a soft opening, you're still not happy about its performance.

I had posted from my end. To update my assessment of a movie's BO is not dependent on my opinion. I generally enjoyed MI movies(except MI2 which I hated). I thought MI5 was better than MI4. That being said it did not explode as much as what I thought was possible considering the reception and BO being fairly empty in August.

MI5 will perform very differently than Ultron...it doesn't have the same hardcore fans that show up for the midnight shows and opening day screenings; it'll have much longer legs. Despite Minions opening on Sunday, both films will be able to coexist.

I hope so. its 10x what the age of dultron was. But its going to fight for screens for sure. That limits the overall legs potential. Anything less than 1.2B in china will be disappointing considering how big MI4 was and the market has definitely doubled since then.

I had posted from my end. To update my assessment of a movie's BO is not dependent on my opinion. I generally enjoyed MI movies(except MI2 which I hated). I thought MI5 was better than MI4. That being said it did not explode as much as what I thought was possible considering the reception and BO being fairly empty in August.

My apologizes for being stressful to you.