A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

42 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

at 530PM its at 93m. I think olive be spot on.

How do you get these figures?  What site do you go to?  And how do you read it?  Do you understand Mandarin or whatever language the sites post in?

6 hours ago, firedeep said:

The summer is pretty empty. I wonder why they didnt release it in the summer.  People are more used to watch animations during summer.

dreamwork should do simple things as TF film do.Choose the similar release date in summer,copy the similar success  in China every 3 years.No matter what other markets react,TF is always a strong franchise in China.

poor dreamwork and panda

Edited by bangbingchan

53 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

Very disappointing for KFP3. Very.

Animation lately has been achieving bad results, peauts, TGD and then this..all fell under expectations..

Hope zootopia surprises at least!

At least,Zootopia cant less than peanuts or inside out in China.Zoo fanart is kind of popular in some circle on weibo.Cinderalla grossed $71M last year.March is quite empty this year.Considering Zootopia is an animated film,$40M is very possible.(BH6 $83M,Frozen $48M) .BH6 hold the highest record for Disney animation.Can zoo break the baymax's record?everything is possible.

Maybe there is too heavy expectation on Panda.dreamwork choose the wrong date.Thus,very disappointed now.

Though panda underperformed,animation is not dead in China.angry birds,find dory2,pets,IG5,a big year for animation.We will see.

Edited by bangbingchan

43 minutes ago, bangbingchan said:

At least,Zootopia cant less than peanuts or inside out in China.Zoo fanart is kind of popular in some circle on weibo.Cinderalla grossed $71M last year.March is quite empty this year.Considering Zootopia is an animated film,$40M is very possible.(BH6 $83M,Frozen $48M) .BH6 hold the highest record for Disney animation.Can zoo break the baymax's record?everything is possible.

Maybe there is too heavy expectation on Panda.dreamwork choose the wrong date.Thus,very disappointed now.

Though panda underperformed,animation is not dead in China.angry birds,find dory2,pets,IG5,a big year for animation.We will see.

Zootopia doesn't look that interesting to be honest..

March is empty now because it is traditionally more of a month for imported films right? And since Imported Films will only confirm their release date like a month before release, maybe we will see March being packed only by Mid or End Feb?

I do hope I am wrong. :)

26 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Zootopia doesn't look that interesting to be honest..

March is empty now because it is traditionally more of a month for imported films right? And since Imported Films will only confirm their release date like a month before release, maybe we will see March being packed only by Mid or End Feb?

I do hope I am wrong. :)

since deadpool is dead in China,except BvS in late March,there is no large release imported films this Spring.divergent,the revenant,I am not sure whether they will release in Spring or not.Imported YA  film and drama film don't have large market in China.Ip man3 and Zootopia are only choices in early March now.March is not crowded this year for sure.

Edited by bangbingchan

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

How do you get these figures?  What site do you go to?  And how do you read it?  Do you understand Mandarin or whatever language the sites post in?

There are 2 sites. Google translate does come to rescue. China BO reporting is at another level(providing real time BO).

http://piaofang.maoyan.com/#pageCont=ticketContent

http://m.cbooo.cn/

• Like 2

Personally I think $200M is still in the cards for KFP3, and this doom and gloom is way too premature. I can see great weekday holds with kids out of school this week and high attendance rates throughout CNY despite losing a lot of screens. It's the only true family film out there and WOM is great from what I'm reading.

This one isn't going to follow any trajectory we've seen in the past so we need to just see it play out. Part of the fun...

40 minutes ago, The Good Olive said:

Saturday Est:

KFP3: 127M/278M

SW7 5.6M/798M

That's a good bump for SW isn't it?  So it hits 800 today.  When does it leave from cinemas?  What's the highest it can hit?  825...830?