A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

40 minutes ago, bangbingchan said:

Zootopia  

Gewara 9.5 Douban 9.4 Maoyan 9.5

I have to say,even TMK and Panda is not out of reach.The biggest Disney animation is on the floor.

Will it's success affect Ip Man 3? or different genres so not much impact? 

1 minute ago, leatherjacket said:

Thank you Olive, Do you an estimation of the final boxoffice for Zootopia and IPM3?

IPM3 has chance hitting 1 billion yuan and Zootopia will have amazing legs, hard to predict.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bangbingchan said:

Zootopia  

Gewara 9.5 Douban 9.4 Maoyan 9.5

I have to say,even TMK and Panda is not out of reach.The biggest Disney animation is on the floor.

Totally agree.

With such a good OD and great WOM (9.4 on douban is unheard of in recent years); OW will be 130m+, $100m is absolutely locked; people are already calling 1B (7x+ multiplier) for Zootopia with expected extended run. (in other words, Zootopia is possible to beat KFP3).

I think it's heading to 130m+ OW, it should increase next weekend. We have just got a The Croods 2.0.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, firedeep said:

IPM3 OD is fudged by Shi Jianxiang. The real OD number is 100m at the most, which would still be a great. Next Friday's drop will be ugly.

Next weekend, IPM3, GOE and Zootopia will be very close for #1.

Zootopia is the wild card that Shi Jian Xiang did not anticipate shifting Ip Man 3 to March. I would say without Zootopia, Ip Man 3 would easily be the Billion Yuan Club. 

1 hour ago, firedeep said:

IPM3 OD is fudged by Shi Jianxiang. The real OD number is 100m at the most, which would still be a great. Next Friday's drop will be ugly.

Next weekend, IPM3, GOE and Zootopia will be very close for #1.

Wow... what is the point if it is an open secret?

I know some of you guys wont like to hear this, but Zootopia and Detective Chinatown are very alike: the two both are buddy comedy though, revolving around a mystery with similar narrative and character setting (I can tell who in Detective Chinatown 'is' who in Zootopia ... you would know what I mean if you have seen the former); the themes are a bit different though. Of course, Zootopia is much better executed (not necessarily meaning Detective Chinatown is not good, just not as good as Zootopia) due to much longer production and much higher budget, being an animated film and ... the top of the top (Hollywood is the top of the world's film industry; Disney is the top of Hollywood).

1 hour ago, firedeep said:

Totally agree.

With such a good eat WOM (9.4 on douban is unheard of in recent years); OW will be 130m+, $100m is absolutely locked; people are already calling 1B (7x+ multiplier) for Zootopia with expected extended run. (in other words, Zootopia is possible to beat KFP3).

I think it's heading to 130m+ OW, it should increase next weekend. We have just got a The Croods 2.0.

Wow, you really think it can beat KFP3? Disney is just gold in China at the moment. In for a really big year with CW, FD, DS and Rogue One.

1 hour ago, efialtes76 said:

No,imo,but we'll see.

I just have one think.If women go crazy for something,they go nuts.Zootopia might be survive even until Qingming Festival.Biggest Disney animation is on the floor.Zootopia is possible to beat SW7 in China.Very possible.TMK and Panda.who knows?need more time to see.

Edited by bangbingchan