A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Just now, Daxtreme said:

Any predictions for final gross? Is $125M possible?

Competition will be fierce next week (Warcraft) so I doubt it. Olive said WOM is good so I think it can get a 1.8x muliplier (without Warcraft, it could've done 2.5x) for about $105m. Walkups for it have been incredible really, up to 2 days before release, this looked like it would've crashed with something like $40m OW/$60m total.

12 minutes ago, Agafin said:

Competition will be fierce next week (Warcraft) so I doubt it. Olive said WOM is good so I think it can get a 1.8x muliplier (without Warcraft, it could've done 2.5x) for about $105m. Walkups for it have been incredible really, up to 2 days before release, this looked like it would've crashed with something like $40m OW/$60m total.

Warcraft seems to have pretty good Legs so far in Europe--Germany-France-(considering the opennings), and its no wierd since the audiences lvoed the movie(including me).

11 minutes ago, Rentaro1989 said:

Warcraft seems to have pretty good Legs so far in Europe--Germany-France-(considering the opennings), and its no wierd since the audiences lvoed the movie(including me).

The person you are quoting was talking about the WOM of Apocalypse.

1 hour ago, Frank said:

How many Warcraft made in China?

Not open yet. 

PS at 51.4m for OD. Climbed 7m on sunday. I think PS will stay under 100m and with a likely low PS multi of 2-2.5 it may open at 200m/$30m +/- 5%.  PS look good for Thu- Sun for DB fest/weekend.  It'll decline daily with demand burnoff if WOM is average.

It could be any where from 500m/$75 to 1000m/$150m by sunday.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackout said:

hopefully the festival will help X-Men abit too

It should with great WOM

Monday is going to come in at 45-50m with a -55-60% hold confirming WoM. 

WC on pace to add 12m today, same as CA3, I am thinking itll add 25m tomorrow like CA3 for an 85-90m PS total. 200-250m OD. XMA should be able to survive it do ok over the long holiday weekend. 

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

It should with great WOM

WC on pace to add 12m today, same as CA3, I am thinking itll add 25m tomorrow like CA3 for an 85-90m PS total. 200-250m OD. XMA should be able to survive it do ok over the long holiday weekend. 

What do you think about this? it says Warcraft is heading to break records there.

‘Warcraft’ Wows With China Pre-Sales Records; How Big Is Its Box Office Game?

http://deadline.com/2016/06/warcraft-china-advance-ticket-sales-record-legendary-wanda-furious-7-box-office-preview-1201767728/

Edited by Belakor

12 minutes ago, Belakor said:

What do you think about this? it says Warcraft is heading to break records there.

‘Warcraft’ Wows With China Pre-Sales Records; How Big Is Its Box Office Game?

http://deadline.com/2016/06/warcraft-china-advance-ticket-sales-record-legendary-wanda-furious-7-box-office-preview-1201767728/

Presales were huge out of the gate but slowed down.  They are far less than Mermaid's at this time. It could do 800m by sunday as the article says but the question is will it reach other demos and stay strong the following weekend. WoM is everything here, can't tell if it will do 1B or 2B+ until the audience sees it and the numbers roll in.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

It should with great WOM

Its already at 45 mill at 20,30pm :huh:

• Like 1