A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Many cinemas have added opening day showings.

The one I always go to has 21 showings for Spidey and 19 for Batman.

TDKR 1556 showings 58678 tickets

TASM 1707 showings 52431 tickets

Keep them comming :)

WTH? Chinese BO is a big soap opera. Things change on a whim like crazy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The change of the release date was never offically stated. Just a rumor, and it MIGHT be a part of the marketing campaign to get the attention.

The change of the release date was never offically stated. Just a rumor, and it MIGHT be a part of the marketing campaign to get the attention.

what ? you really think so ? The rumors all around about release dates are more like the swing of the Sarft on dating Hollywood movies. Sarft (and so are other gov. offices) are so evil that they often release rumors on purpose just to see people's reations first but then they always simply deny them since none is officially announced. Testing the waters, you know what I mean.

Hollywood studios wont do these release date rumors since it is stupid to do so. And believe me, you do NOT want to mess with the Sarfts by doing that when you are cautiously doing business in China.

Huge jump, on those figures Tdkr should be ahead even with Tasm 3d

I'm predicting $80M for TDKR and $65M for TASM.Pre-sales seem weaker for them when compared to other blockbusters. Edited by Olive

New rumor is that another protection month is coming: Sep. 15th~Otc. 31th. Again, no new foreign releases during that time.Be prepared.

Tsss...Thankfully Latin America, Russia and the rest of Asia are there to ensure a real growth of Hollywood movies.

all that sounds like econmic warfare and reminds me of the NAZI-Germany "1000-Mark-Sperre" 1933. Hittler wanted to weaken the Austrian economy depending on tourism and German citizens had to pay 1000RM(~$5000) to visit Austria.