7.7 early rating. ouch

that could lead to a flat saturday and a big drop sunday

if that sticks and reacts accordingly it could look like

MN     9m

FR  180m

SA  180m

SU  146m

Tot 515m/$81m

Could still do $90m if it was just OD rating bashers.

31 minutes ago, POTUS said:

PS at 46.5. 

7.7 early rating. ouch

that could lead to a flat saturday and a big drop sunday

if that sticks and reacts accordingly it could look like

MN     9m

FR  180m

SA  180m

SU  146m

Tot 515m/$81m

Could still do $90m if it was just OD rating bashers.

That Sat-Sun drop is way optimistic.

14 minutes ago, LeoC said:

That Sat-Sun drop is way optimistic.

a flat saturday is pretty bad.  i dont recall any HLWD movies declining on saturday aside from PW dropping 5% last May with a 7.5 rating

sunday could be -40%

The rating could get up into the low 8s. we've seen out of the gate bashing followed by a rebound before

its at 7.9 now

if it gets over 8 it should bump at least 20% on saturday like BvS and avoid the dreaded 90%+ drop next weekend

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, POTUS said:

a flat saturday is pretty bad.  i dont recall any HLWD movies declining on saturday aside from PW dropping 5% last May with a 7.5 rating

sunday could be -40%

The rating could get up into the low 8s. we've seen out of the gate bashing followed by a rebound before

its at 7.9 now

if it gets over 8 it should bump at least 20% on saturday like BvS and avoid the dreaded 90%+ drop next weekend

Link to maoyan page?

Has there been a case of a movie starting out low like this on maoyan and rising throughout the weekend? Shouldn't the people that went to the previews be the ones that are massive MCU fans?

11 minutes ago, YLF said:

Has there been a case of a movie starting out low like this on maoyan and rising throughout the weekend? Shouldn't the people that went to the previews be the ones that are massive MCU fans?

Black Panther started out low in pretty much every user metric (metacritic, Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB, etc) and then rose as the movie released and time went by. Whether it will happen here or not is up in the air but it has already risen from 7.7 to 7.9 now. 

33 minutes ago, YLF said:

I think it happened with Spider-Man Homecoming a bit. Started below 8, then went up to 8.4 or so, then stabilized at 8.1. That movie also has similarities with Black Panther in terms of relativity less action and maybe some jokes not working without context. I think audiences have certain expectations with MCU movies, expecially in terms of action, and Homecoming followed GotG, Vol. 2, while BP is following Thor Ragnarok. We’ll see where BP lands tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

I think it happened with Spider-Man Homecoming a bit. Started below 8, then went up to 8.4 or so, then stabilized at 8.1. That movie also has similarities with Black Panther in terms of relativity less action and maybe some jokes not working without context. I think audiences have certain expectations with MCU movies, expecially in terms of action, and Homecoming followed GotG, Vol. 2, while BP is following Thor Ragnarok. We’ll see where BP lands tomorrow. 

Great - thanks for the insight. I hope it rises. I want BP to do well there... and make more than iron man 3 when it finishes its theatrical run.(WW)

6 hours ago, commendable said:

Grow up

Oh, let's act like educated adults and be polite to each other, people have right to have different opinions, this isn't a kindergarten site anw, but I get it, you feel b-hurt because there are still some people out there who don't like your overrated mediocre movie   :hahaha:

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, YourCake said:

Oh, let's act like educated adults and be polite to each other, people have right to have different opinions, this isn't a kindergarten site anw, but I get it, you feel b-hurt because there are still some people out there who don't like your overrated mediocre movie   :hahaha:

like i said, grow up

• Like 1