A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

28 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

People just want to follow the numbers here. We don't need another thread derailed with politics. We already have fanboy wars which are bad enough. 

Each of my posts have BO numbers.

GB held near flat after losing some shows to a new release.  It will lose 40% of its shows to Cheese Larson but still bump big into the 30s with WD help.  Still on track to beat Domestic's total. Very good performance for a drama. 

CM will take 49% of shows with 160k+.  Same as Venom

8 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Ugh. Please stop with the political talks. It's quite toxic and stressful. We're here for box office.

Ask the people in Venezuela how stressed they are under a 100% lefty government.  They ate their pets and zoo animals due to starvation.  You don't know what stress is.

Edited by POTUS 2020
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

19 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

Going optimistic, yes

If the PSm is 3.5 or higher, then:  

OD 250m+ 

Sat 300m    just a 20% bump due to WD  Women's Day? I thought there were no genders

Sun 225m  

Tot 790m/$117m inc MN at 6.71Y to the dollar

@terrestrial congrats on destroying your country for a third time in 100 years and helping France do the same...again. @Felipe why are you sad? You have Bolsonaro. The Brazilian Trump saving your country from sjw ruin. 

LGBT

Very funny.  B is for bisexual but we are supposedly non binary and gender fluid(trans). contradictory 

French Soft White Cheese Larson started this conversation and we're tracking her/his/zee's film.

1280px-Brie_01.jpg

The cheese is delicious, but she is bland according to Chinese critics

Really?

4 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

Each of my posts have BO numbers.

GB held near flat after losing some shows to a new release.  It will lose 40% of its shows to Cheese Larson but still bump big into the 30s with WD help.  Still on track to beat Domestic's total. Very good performance for a drama. 

CM will take 49% of shows with 160k+.  Same as Venom

Ask the people in Venezuela how stressed they are under a 100% lefty government.  They ate their pets and zoo animals due to starvation.  You don't know what stress is.

Oh, I know what stress is. Everytime I hear AOC speak, I get stressed. I'm a political moderate (fiscal conservative, socially moderate) so I don't like extremes. Anyway, I don't want to talk politics anymore in this thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Oh, I know what stress is. Everytime I hear AOC speak, I get stressed. I'm a political moderate (fiscal conservative, socially moderate) so I don't like extremes. Anyway, I don't want to talk politics anymore in this thread.

well put.  Everytime I hear her speak I laugh

Will do. 

1 minute ago, nevermore said:

7.2 on Douban for Captain Marvel

how was VM, AQ and WW on Douban

51 minutes ago, a2k said:

Going by increasingly front-loaded nature of the market does that mean that CW's ow of 635 (am guessing) is beyond reach?

PS and OD haven't gotten front loaded as OW has.

Both the PSm and the Fri multi have held steady at 3.3~ as far as the market goes.  

CM could have less than 3x Fri due to WD but should hold its MN multi

Sat PS look good

Edited by POTUS 2020
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Found this in the presales thread. Maybe pin it somewhere for future use. 

Douban

Doctor Strange-7.6

Thor Ragnarok-7.4

SHC-7.3

BP-6.4

DCU:

WW-7.1

MoS-6.9

BvS-6.7

JL-6.5

I think Venom was 7.3 and Aquaman 8.4

Thanks! 

Yeah Douban doesn't seem to have much correlation to legs. WW legged it well and SMH was horrible with legs. BP and the JL have the lowest scores and they didn't crash.

4 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Would temper my expectations. Doesn't seem like a breakout based on the description of the slow first act and lack of action that appeals to Chinese audiences. 

This. Also, those commenting that they don't like Brie's face.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Would temper my expectations. Doesn't seem like a breakout based on the description of the slow first act and lack of action that appeals to Chinese audiences. 

then how the heck they loved Bumblebee? that overrated crap was poor on action and what action was there was poor af? I'm so pissed with China for saving that shit's face, it did mediocre business everywhere. 

Just now, Valonqar said:

then how the heck they loved Bumblebee? that overrated crap was poor on action and what action was there was poor af? I'm so pissed with China for saving that shit's face, it did mediocre business everywhere. 

I think the movie was cute, maybe china like cute movies

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

They like what they like. Haven't seen Bumblebee so can't judge. I assume they still like Transformers over here and the movie probably had some robot fights.