A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

I am asking because this will largely affect my predicts in the summer game which ends on the first Sunday of September.... so what chance (in percentage) do you see that it gets released before that?

July is out of the question, late August is possible, Early Sep is most likely. Edited by firedeep

So bascially TASM will be the most over-predicted film of this summer in CHina.

:D I have the same thought.

I think TDKR and TASM can do it, but not TA. Sometimes HK could be a good indicator, while sometimes it is not. Like Toy Story 3. So TA breaking out in HK means nothing about what it might do in mainland. South Korea, on the other hand, probably is a better indicator for hollywood movies. TA is just doing normally good in SK with some 12M OW and 30~35M total, less than half of TF3.

I think TDKR (if gets released) and TASM can both outgross TA in China. Spidey is more like a family film than TA and it can attrac both children and aduits. TDKR has TDK and Inception effect, and it should get very strong wom and talking topics among movie goers.

Not really. I think TASM is way overhyped by you. I don't see any difference between Spidey and other Marvel heros. I can feel the same bias view on Spidey as that on other Marvel heros from my friends, of the age mid-20s (I'm a fan, though :lol: ).

I think POTC4 is not a good comparison to Spidey. The largest draw of POTC series is Depp and the epic visual effect, which always works well in China. And also POTC type movie is well received in China. On the hand, even if TASM is not a reboot, with all the original cast back, it won't have the same increase we see in POTC4. It's intrinsically still a super hero movie. Now it's rebooted, it tells the similar story again. I don't think it will do much well. I never know how this super hype comes from. However, I do believe that it will attract much more female moviegoers than TA. :D

TASM might not even beat TA in China. Mark my words ;)