A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

#AgeOfUltron breaks $400M dom today. China at $210.4M, $1.26B global. #2 superhero movie of all-time after 1st #Avengers.

•  

What is the last day for Avengers in China and will it allow it to go past $250 million ?

Avengers needs $1.52 billion worldwide to beat Furious 7 and sit at #3 worldwide all time, and China is the country that can significantly help it get there.

Edited by Annayya

What is the last day for Avengers in China and will it allow it to go past $250 million ?

Avengers needs $1.52 billion worldwide to beat Furious 7 and sit at #3 worldwide all time, and China is the country that can significantly help it get there.

give advice to a summary in table form?

Table is fixed

230m at best for china now

it will be close to 1.4B WW, no chance to beat #3 WW FF7 unless RDJ falls off the wagon and overdoses this week :o

Avengers will see big drop on tuesday when IFrakenstein/Tomorrowland opens. Again on thursday when doreman opens it will lose more screens(Currently its listed around 6% but it should go up a bit). Next tuesday once San Andreas opens it will be hit again and its not going to gross much after that. That is why I dont see more than 20m more from China.

Jurassic World should be interesting to track. Its almost getting day and date release and genre is perfect for China. Anything less than 1B Yuan is disappointing and I think it has a chance to beat AOU.

Avengers will see big drop on tuesday when IFrakenstein/Tomorrowland opens. Again on thursday when doreman opens it will lose more screens(Currently its listed around 6% but it should go up a bit). Next tuesday once San Andreas opens it will be hit again and its not going to gross much after that. That is why I dont see more than 20m more from China.

Jurassic World should be interesting to track. Its almost getting day and date release and genre is perfect for China. Anything less than 1B Yuan is disappointing and I think it has a chance to beat AOU.

As long as AOU ends below 250m, I think Jurrasic World has a fair chance of beating it

Can JW hit $500M OS -C?

Yeah, it should easily do that.

Huh? 500m without China with these XR is going to be one hell of a fight. Also, keep in mind the original JP made 555m OS (without the 3D re-release that added 70M) of which 120m came from Japan, where it likely has no shot of even getting 1/2 today.

Huh? 500m without China with these XR is going to be one hell of a fight. Also, keep in mind the original JP made 555m OS (without the 3D re-release that added 70M) of which 120m came from Japan, where it likely has no shot of even getting 1/2 today.

Ok not easily but still its not as tough as you make it seem including China I think 650m OS is the least it should do while 850-900 at the most. As for OS-C, it really shouldn't go below 400m unless all love for the original and dinosaurs has gotten extinct there. I think the OS-C can be between 400m-600m depending on how good or bad it is and it has fair chances of getting to 500m.

Sunday est
AOU  57M/$9.2m, 1302M/$210m
PK 13.3m/$2.2m, 32.6m/$5.3m

Early Tuesday showtimes

I,Frankenstein 34.5%
Tomorrowland 33.4%
AOU   18%

Sunday actual

AOU 56.5M/1301M

PK 12.9M/31.9M (biggestIndian movie beat Dhoom 3's 19.5M)

Presales for Doraemon is very good, much better than Big Hero 6!

• Like 5

Tuesday showtimes

Tomorrowland 31.8%
I,Frankenstein 23.3%
AOU   22.1%
PK  9.2%

Gewara presales

Tomorrowland 13,497
I,Frankenstein 14,360
Doraemon 7,563
Edited by Johnny Storm
  • Like 2