A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

28 minutes ago, Momori said:

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! 😭😭😭

EDIT: Apparently it's not 100% confirmed yet?

They may have cleared it, but not set a firm date. Like Venom 2 was apparently cleared a long time ago but still doesn't have a date.

I am going to guess China will only let in one big Hollywood movie in December, likely Venom 2, and then Spider-Man in January.

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I am going to guess China will only let in one big Hollywood movie in December, likely Venom 2, and then Spider-Man in January.

Not like that but if two big films open together, then they are likely to neutralize each other &can not run in full potential. In case of Venom &NWH, there should be atleast 3-Weekend gap, so they don't hurt each other run in Mainland.

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

So assuming NWH does get released as we all hope, what kind of hype does it have? 

How does it compare to FFH, IW or Endgame?

Last one (FFH) has $199M. Currently, it's spin-off Venom is more stronger than Spiderman in China. But, considering the hype. Gross should be like

Infinity War < NWH < Endgame

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Hollywood First $400M+ Potential Film ready to land in Mainland China.

Second* after AEG.

Personally, I wouldn't expect it to exceed $500M (¥3.2Bn) in China. $450M (¥2.9Bn) should be the maximum goal.

Edited by LPLC

59 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Second* after AEG.

Personally, I wouldn't expect it to exceed $500M (¥3.2Bn) in China. $450M (¥2.9Bn) should be the maximum goal.

With today ERs, third one after Endgame and Furious 8.

I know that F8, for WW figures, did not reach $400m ($392m), but Chinese people pay in yuan, not in dollars.

1 hour ago, peludo said:

With today ERs, third one after Endgame and Furious 8.

I know that F8, for WW figures, did not reach $400m ($392m), but Chinese people pay in yuan, not in dollars.

Ofc, but I hope NWH will surpass F8 (¥2,7Bn).

1 hour ago, The GOAT said:

Just watched the "Iron Monkey" trailer and I refuse to believe this. 

Haha. The movie has a lot that the trailer is not showing; and it was one of the highest grossing foreign films in North America when it was released.

Check out the RT score

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1075984-iron_monkey

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

Haha. The movie has a lot that the trailer is not showing; and it was one of the highest grossing foreign films in North America when it was released.

Check out the RT score

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1075984-iron_monkey

hero (2002) – whimsical musings

TBH Rotten tomato scores for foreign films matters as much as their scores for tv shows.   

but i will check it out soon. That is one young Donnie Yen btw. 

Tuesday Estimates:

007 No Time To Die : ¥7.3M (~$1.1M) / ¥330M (~$51.6M) 12D

The Battle At Lake Changjin : ¥5.2M (~$810K) / ¥5605M (~$877.1M) 41D

The Curious Tale of Mr.Guo : ¥2.5M (~$390K) / ¥28.4M (~$4.5M) 5D

Departures : ¥2M (~$310K) / ¥53M (~$8.3M) 12D

Dune : ¥1.3M (~$200K) / ¥238M (~$37.2M) 19D 

TBALC added another ¥5M, passing ¥5600M, barely staying ¥84M away from Wolf Warrior 2 (¥5689M). Maoyan says ¥5700M+ finishing line. BTW, can someone project the exact date when TBALC will pass Wolf Warrior 2.

Dune doing great, adding above ¥1M ($160K) each day. Denis Villeneuve' Sci-fi is planning a finishing ranging between ¥250M - ¥260M.

Snake Eyes barely at the edge (Rank 10) is at a cumulative total of ¥10.5M. Finals be like ¥20M but might end at ¥15M.

• Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Tuesday Estimates:

007 No Time To Die : ¥7.3M (~$1.1M) / ¥330M (~$51.6M) 12D

The Battle At Lake Changjin : ¥5.2M (~$810K) / ¥5605M (~$877.1M) 41D

The Curious Tale of Mr.Guo : ¥2.5M (~$390K) / ¥28.4M (~$4.5M) 5D

Departures : ¥2M (~$310K) / ¥53M (~$8.3M) 12D

Dune : ¥1.3M (~$200K) / ¥238M (~$37.2M) 19D 

TBALC added another ¥5M, passing ¥5600M, barely staying ¥84M away from Wolf Warrior 2 (¥5689M). Maoyan says ¥5700M+ finishing line. BTW, can someone project the exact date when TBALC will pass Wolf Warrior 2.

Dune doing great, adding above ¥1M ($160K) each day. Denis Villeneuve' Sci-fi is planning a finishing ranging between ¥250M - ¥260M.

Snake Eyes barely at the edge (Rank 10) is at a cumulative total of ¥10.5M. Finals be like ¥20M but might end at ¥15M.

I am not saying it will not happen, but I see 5.65b on Maoyan, not enough to beat WW2.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, peludo said:

I am not saying it will not happen, but I see 5.65b on Maoyan, not enough to beat WW2.

Thanks I didn't check Maoyan today. Weekend and Dailies are slowing up. CoVid has also closed 19% of the box office. Legs are getting scary. I hope that ¥5.65B is not the end. Now, everything is up to God. 🥲