A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Is this good?

It's an expected drop from Wednsday to Thursday, (so not that good) but we need an increase on friday to 30M and than hope fore a huge increase on saterday so spidey can make up that no-so good weekdays.

We can still have a 310M afther Sunday but it is getting harder. And were looking to a 70-85M run at this moment 

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

It's an expected drop from Wednsday to Thursday, (so not that good) but we need an increase on friday to 30M and than hope fore a huge increase on saterday so spidey can make up that no-so good weekdays

I was expecting China to be bigger than Cap2 for Spiderman. I guess Cap 2 100m was unexpected. I'm happy for Cap but kind of sad for Spidey.

lol E, you're as lost as me. :P

The good thing is we have people here who are more than knowledgeable and don't mind explaining things. 

We're lost but we're in good hands.

• Like 1

I was expecting China to be bigger than Cap2 for Spiderman. I guess Cap 2 100m was unexpected. I'm happy for Cap but kind of sad for Spidey.

It was a great movie, very addictive with themes that resonate in a lot of countries policies, China included.  It was bound to have a great run.  

TASM2 is doing what a decent movie with a big character does.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

It was a great movie, very addictive with themes that resonate in a lot of countries policies, China included.  It was bound to have a great run.  

TASM2 is doing what a decent movie with a big character do.

Yes Cap 2 was great and addictive. Totally agree. It's no secret how much I love it. But it is sad for me to see how far Spider Man has fallen. While the results aren't bad. I was just expecting a lot more in China.

Yes Cap 2 was great and addictive. Totally agree. It's no secret how much I love it. But it is sad for me to see how far Spider Man has fallen. While the results aren't bad. I was just expecting a lot more in China.

TASM2 is too cartoonish

Well considering the three biggest CBM grosses in China are TA (first epic ensemble fearuring several characters from different), CATWS (Epic movie with political  themes that resonate in China) and IM3 (perceived as TA follow up featuring the biggest Avenger character), it makes perfect sense.

I think a CBM needs to be greatly done to pass that mark with good story telling, themes that are as important as the character charisma and legacy.

The problem with Spidey is that Webb didn't have to build his status, he just had to exploit it.  

This is a wake up call for Sony. You can't just expect that countries will keep on giving a pass to a beloved character because of his iconic or popular status.  Once in a while, you have to deliver a really great product to keep the momentum.    And the last great Spidey movie is ten years old...

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

This are my predictions for this weekend and week TOT.Does anyone knows how to put something from word in to this forum with out messing up the lay-out?

Edited by pepsa

This are my predictions for this weekend and week TOT.Does anyone knows how to put something from word in to this forum with out messing up the lay-out?

One of the three paste icons has the W for word. Does that not work? It says paste from Word.