A Marvel Fanboy

Life Of Pi OS Thread

I hope Japan could generate 50m. Pi seems to the kind of film Japanese LOVE. Stunning visuals and a throughout resonant concept. Pi rocked in China and I definitely expect it to do it in Japan as well.

Edited by vc2002

50M from JP is really a too big ask.I dont even imagine that.I will be happy with 20M.

TA broke out in Japan and I see similar things for LOP. It has been a massive hit in Asia and I expect similar things. 30M is my early prediction and 40M wouldn't shock me.
Edited by druv10

From The Wrap:

Fox's “Life of Pi” continued its extraordinary overseas run, adding $20.7 million as it heads toward an international haul of $400 million. It was at $393 million as of Sunday.

“Pi” held the top spot for the third week with $2.9 million in Australia, where its overall gross stands at $20.7 million. It's been No. 1 in Chile for the past three weeks and in Peru for the past four. It added $2 million in the U.K., where it has taken in $39 million.

The final two openings for director Ang Lee's lyrical epic itake place next weekend in Japan and Venezuela.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/django-unchained-breaks-out-48m-overseas-box-office-debut-73841

The Mon-Sun weekly gross was 34.8M.Around 2.8M of that came from Russia. Another 1-2M can be expected from there from this point onwards.Rest of the markets did 32M (Last week 47M, 32% week-to-week drop). If it continues with such drops, it will finish with 460-465M from current markets!

• Like 1