baumer

Weekend #s Bond 90M Lincoln 900K Ralph Flight good holds

I don't think that it'll drop 60% next week. FF dropped 60 against Thor because the audiences had quite a bit of overlap. QoS dropped 60 because of bad WOM. Skyfall neither shares an audience demo with Twilight, nor does it have bad WOM. On the contrary at a 37 million day and going by audience reactions it'll have great WOM. I'm thinking that it'll drop 50-55 next weekend.

• Like 1

I don't think that it'll drop 60% next week. FF dropped 60 against Thor because the audiences had quite a bit of overlap. QoS dropped 60 because of bad WOM. Skyfall neither shares an audience demo with Twilight, nor does it have bad WOM. On the contrary at a 37 million day and going by audience reactions it'll have great WOM. I'm thinking that it'll drop 50-55 next weekend.

Whatever said, BD2 is still a 150M OW monster, which will take away a lot of screens and potential pickups. Big drops all around is inevitable.

Whatever said, BD2 is still a 150M OW monster, which will take away a lot of screens and potential pickups. Big drops all around is inevitable.

It's only in 3505 theatres and by the looks of it it's not on a lot of screens either. Yes pickups will be negligible next week, but on the other hand I doubt it'll loose much if any screens, show times, and definitely not any theatres to BD2.It'll drop more than it would've normally but still not 60%. Edited by riczhang

To be honest, BD2 doesn't have that large of a hype at the moment. Not as large as I expected, at least.

Yes, and we said that about the previous twilight movie and the one before that.... One did 300M DOM and the other opened huge. ;)

Hopefully Skyfall can prove not every movie needs to be in 3D to be hugely successful. I mean yeah you could point out The Dark Knight Rises, but WB could easily come up with a b.s. "well it could have done $500 million with 3D" argument... especially being WB. Yeah Avengers would not have done $600 million without it but it would have easily done $550 million which was still amazing. I think topping The Amazing Spider-Man's domestic total can do this.

Edited by Dekunova
  • Like 1