Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

I enjoy PR in spite of Hunnam's character, who I consider another Bland, Mildly Handsome, Decently Built, Slightly Rugged White Guy Lead. There are way too many of these. Garrett Hedlund in Tron Legacy, Taylor Kitsch in Battleship (and to a lesser extent, John Carter), Aaron Taylor-Johnson in Godzilla. Despite my nickname, my problem isn't that they are white or male, it's that they (or at least, their characters) have all the charisma of a Ken doll. Interesting characters and stuff happen AROUND them, sure, but they aren't interesting in the slightest. They aren't even compelling as audience surrogates in the way that Mark Hamill was as Luke Skywalker.

Edited by TServo2049

Nobody is thinking of Tom Cruise? He was originally supposed to play Stacker Pentacost, wasn't he?Bring him in for the new Marshal!

I would be damn fine with that. 

These are some fucking bad actors stuck in cliche characters. And this is my problem with this movie. I do hope del Toro casts new actors for new characters way better than he did the last time. 

And now the Gorilla one arrives. Shitty Kaiju.

The other one is incredibly cool, tho. 

And now all of the Jaegers are gonna get their asses kicked in 10 seconds. 

The Gorilla fucker is finally dead.

The younger Australian is annoying as fuck. The dad is incredibly awesome, tho. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3