#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

Taken 2 and Paranormal Activity 4 had early shows. Skyfall opened a whole day early in IMAX. Hobbit isn't going early so that one will be interesting to see. I wonder how much of this we will see next summer. Problem with 10PM shows is that if the movie sucks (cough World War Z cough) then WOM among audiences gets out sooner and Friday night feels like an afterthought. But crap like Aurora will be attempted to be repeated as we have found out today regardless of when they actually start screening the film.

• Like 1

Taken 2 opened at 10pm on Thurs? First I've heard of it...Looking...You know what? I stand corrected:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/wake-dark-knight-rises-shooting-382873Well, this is the first big film to do this, so it's of course going to get the most attention about it. But, I hate to say this, it seems studios are taking advantage of the situation to boost OW grosses more than just doing it as a way to help protect the public. Call me cynical.

You're crazy.If the Aurora shooting had a huge impact, you wouldn't see $30 million for a movie like this.This proves just the opposite in fact! Human beings have a short attention span, and have mostly forgotten about the Aurora shootings. At this point, anyone who is still worried about them is more likely to avoid all theater-going in general, not midnight showings.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/missouri-twilight-shooting-planned-police-391475

See? Things haven't changed all that much. It's just that these days we realize how silly we are. MC Hammer actually thought he was cool.

Well he was. This other guy looks stupid. Hammer at least had some moves. Now his balloon pants on the other hand...

Just for the record, I did say that Aurora could be the cause of BD2's relatively "average" performance, I just had no idea that Hollywood was reacting(cashing in?) to the tragedy this much.Admittedly, I have been out of touch with box office trends of late, so when I saw Mr. Conspiracy Theorist himself, baumer, not going on the attack against this, I felt the need to call him on it(even if half-jokingly). Now that I know Hollywood has been quietly doing this for awhile, I understand his position better.So, I should apologize to B. but I'll think about it.....OK, I've thought about it, naaaaaahhhhhhh. :P

They probably would have announced earlier shows for Hobbit when they started selling advanced tickets last week. Anyway, seeing lots of Lincoln and Skyfall sellouts for tonight. Zilch for BD2, though that's probably in the larger theaters this weekend.

Well he was. This other guy looks stupid. Hammer at least had some moves. Now his balloon pants on the other hand...

That's what I was talking about. But Hammer and Vanilla Ice nearly destroyed rap as we know it(and I sorta wish they had).

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=COCY3UVoTGA