#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

FRIDAY 3 PM, 3RD UPDATE: My sources say that Breaking Dawn Part 2 is running behind Part 1 in 4,070 North American theaters as the Twilight Saga ends its phenomenal run. Right now, based on matinee trends, the vampire epic looks like $130 million through Sunday, not quite equal to Part 1‘s $138.1M first weekend tally in U.S./Canada. In 2nd place, Eon Productions/MGM/Sony Pictures’ latest James Bond actioner Skyfalllooks down 65% for a $31M second weekend. That brings its North American cume to nearly $160M in just its first 10 days of release. All in worldwide, MGM/Sony expect the pic to make $800M. Also very strong is Steven Spielberg’s Oscar contender Lincoln which expanded its run from 11 venues to 1,775 this second weekend in release; it looks to earn $25M through Sunday near a $26.5M cume.

Horrendous.
  • Like 1

I don't understand what's happening.How can Twilight be on course for only 130m? It's the last film. That doesn't make sense.And what the FUCK at Skyfall? It's a fantastic film, yet it's dropping 65%?I'm sure (hope) these numbers will change.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 3

Tell me, how do you choose a sports team you decide to support?

Most of the time it's a local thing, but for me, it's an attitude thing. The 85 Bears made me fall in love with the Chicago Bears, then Michael Jordan made me like the Bulls. So even though I'm not from Chicago, I grew up loving those two teams. The Oregon Ducks are just too much fun to watch. I thought they were cool when I first moved here, but now they are just too awesome not to love.

I don't understand what's happening.How can Twilight be on course for only 130m? It's the last film. That doesn't make sense.And what the FUCK at Skyfall? It's a fantastic film, yet it's dropping 65%?I'm sure (hope) these numbers will change.

It's Nikki, she's not always very accurate this early.

Most of the time it's a local thing, but for me, it's an attitude thing. The 85 Bears made me fall in love with the Chicago Bears, then Michael Jordan made me like the Bulls. So even though I'm not from Chicago, I grew up loving those two teams. The Oregon Ducks are just too much fun to watch. I thought they were cool when I first moved here, but now they are just too awesome not to love.

Even though I'm from Southern California I find myself rooting for the Ducks rather than USC or UCLA. They are a really fun team to watch. I might be selfish but I would love Chip Kelly to coach the Chargers once Norv is gone.
  • Like 1