#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

Better than 66m... curious to see if Gitesh is closer than RTH.

She probably is. Rth's numbers are a few hours old now. West Coast was probably stronger than anticipated as always. It's the opposite for Potter though. East over West.

Well expanding too wide doesn't always work too well, look at The Master. I think that expanding into 3000+ theatres even for a movie like Lincoln or Flight would've been too risky. But it should've at least been 2000+. Personally, I didn't like Lincoln though, thought it was quite the snoozefest. It's a good movie but boring.

I thought it was an acting tour de force and subtly poignant. I'm so glad Spielberg didn't go the sweeping bombastic route with it. By showing restraint for once he made his best movie in 15 years, imo. And I'm ready for DDL, Field, and Jones to all get their Oscar right now. Astounding performances right there. Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

See, those two movies looked like adult audience gold mines to me all along. Never did understand why either one were being treated like little indie films no one would see. Both should've been given 3000+ TC wide releases.

agreed, many times when studios give these kinds of movies wide releases instead of these weird low releases they get rewarded. There are plenty of examples of this

I just today watched a documentary, Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap. A brilliant film, and if you have any interest in old school rap its an absolute must see

Awesome. I was lucky enough to see this in the theater a few months ago.Good stuff. The best part was his reaction to his wife's comments about listening to the beat vs the lyrics. And his little tricks when he forgot the lines.

I thought it was an acting tour de force and subtly poignant. I'm so glad Spielberg didn't go the sweeping bombastic route with it. By showing restraint for once he made his best movie in 15 years, imo. And I'm ready for DDL, Field, and Jones to all get their Oscar right now. Astounding performances right there.

The Performances are brilliant, but I'm not a big fan of Field. I'm thinking DDL, Jones, Field, Levitt in that order. None of them are my wins right now though. Normally at this point they'd be but sadly there's been some really amazing acting this year already. The movie itself is restrained and I appreciate that but I find that it just is too long and boring.