Punishment

11/16-11/18 Weekend Actuals (BD2 $141,067,634)

BD2's Sunday was 2.2% bigger than NM . If it maintains this lead, it will finish with 298.2m.BD2's Sunday was 7.6% bigger than BD1. If it maintains this lead, it will finish with 295.1m.So there is a decent chance it might hit 300m.

• Like 2

Any of these films with legit Oscars credibility other than Lincoln?

SLP for sure. Some think Skyfall should become the first Bond Oscar nominee and deakins should definitely get in for cinematography.BD2 will sweep MTv like never before and this time Best Fight will be deserved. Even Devin called it best of the year.

Skyfall's Sunday was 73% bigger than QoS. If it maintains this lead, it will finish with 264m.

Skyfall's Sunday was 4.6% bigger than CR. If it maintains this lead, it will finish with 293.4m!!

Which means that 300m is out as I highly doubt it will have CR legs. I think breaking up the Spider-Man party at the top of Sony's all time list would be a hell of an accomplishment. Right now, here is Sony's top 5:

1. Spider-Man 403.7m

2. Spider-Man 2 373.6m

3. Spider-Man 3 336.5m

4. The Amazing Spider-Man 262m

5. Men in Black 250.7m

Top five is pretty much locked. It just needs to get past 262 to break up the Spidey party at the top.

And another way to look at it is take this weekend as CR's OW since the amounts are basically the same(40.8m vs 41.1m) and it just happens to be the weekend before Thanksgiving. Add what CR made from its first weekend on and SF makes just over 287m.

Edited by ShAAken not Stirred™

Skyfall's Sunday was 73% bigger than QoS. If it maintains this lead, it will finish with 264m.Skyfall's Sunday was 4.6% bigger than CR. If it maintains this lead, it will finish with 293.4m!!

Me likei likei that math very muchi
  • Like 1