CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2012 (Winners in 1st post)

Holy crap. ZDT is officially the frontrunner. Yay SLP love!

No it's not. Out of the 23 times that NBR and NYFCC have agreed on BP only 10 won. Stats are actually against it right now.

Mara deserved hers, though.

Egh, she's better than Davis and Williams certainly, but I loathe her for that nom. Kicked out Swinton. That's just fucking unacceptable.

I'm gonna assume ZDT goes 3-for-3 with the LA critics.

I don't think so. Still think it's between Amour and Master. Does anyone else think that ZD30 is turning into another Social Network? (Especially if it gets LA) And, Master's exclusion from NBR isn't particularly worrying. Even TWBB missed. Though Life of Pi missing is a huge shock factor given how much they love Ang Le.. (Only his 2 early films and his critical failures haven't been mentioned at NBR)

The person you should be mad at is Glenn Close. Her performance deserved a razzie.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. She's my number 3 of the year.

Well be mad at Davis, then. She took Swinton's spot. On ZDT, the fact that this is kind of an odd pick for NBR makes it the frontrunner, IMO.

Davis was obviously top 2 for nomination votes along with Streep. Mara was obviously the 5th nominee and Swinton ended up 6th. Which is just infuriating. Edited by riczhang

Wouldn't it be crazy for the Sony release to get all of the critics awards and for the guilds to go with the Hooper film... again? Anyway, Looper! Perks of Being a Wallflower! DiCaprio! Wreck-It Ralph! And though Day-Lewis is locked for Best Actor, I thought Cooper was easily the best part of Silver Linings Playbook. Good to see him recognized.

• Like 1

I don't think so. Still think it's between Amour and Master.

Obviously, that's still possible but it just feels like Zero Dark will run the table here.

Does anyone else think that ZD30 is turning into another Social Network? (Especially if it gets LA)

This attention can only help it. It isn't even opening for another two weeks.ZD30 will get the critics, and Les Mis will get love from the guilds. We know how it went down in 2010. Does this year play out the same? No one knows...

Wouldn't it be crazy for the Sony release to get all of the critics awards and for the guilds to go with the Hooper film... again?Anyway, Looper! Perks of Being a Wallflower! DiCaprio! Wreck-It Ralph! And though Day-Lewis is locked for Best Actor, I thought Cooper was easily the best part of Silver Linings Playbook. Good to see him recognized.

Well if ZD30 wins LA, I may or may not have to take ZD30 down a few notches as it's starting to follow TSN's trajectory too close for comfort. :lol: And, I think Cooper's in. NBR has never in the past 2 decades had less than 2 of their winners match Oscar nominees. Most of the time it's 3 or 4. So, odds are looking good for Chastain, DiCaprio, and Cooper (At the expense of Hawkes or Pheonix), but Dowd is still dead.