CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2012 (Winners in 1st post)

Phoenix may end up missing out a nom but he has only himself to blame with his shit talk about oscars. yes, he`s right, it`s all politics and money and not really about perforemnce and talent but by talking about how low it is to campaign for yourself you are aslo campaigning for yourself only in staged anti-campaign way. It`s still whoring for attention.

Phoenix only talked shit about the oscars so he could give others a chance against his awesomeness.

Just had a vision, Garrett Hedlund supporting actor at LAFCA. Just a hunch, but I think they could go for him.

I can see that but I am expecting the unexpected from LAFCA. There is Boston Critics awards too later this week. Maybe they'll go with Argo. Actually, Argo may not be a bad pick for LAFCA either as it did very well with LA critics.

I can see that but I am expecting the unexpected from LAFCA. There is Boston Critics awards too later this week. Maybe they'll go with Argo. Actually, Argo may not be a bad pick for LAFCA either as it did very well with LA critics.

Argo's locked for Boston isn't it? Or am I mixing Boston up with a different critics group?And I don't think LAFCA will go Argo. It's probably between Amour and Master, with a slight advantage to Amour seeing as NBR egregiously snubbed Master from their top 10. (Though TWBB didn't make it either so it's not a huge blow)

I'm gonna regret this tomorrow and probably won't get any of these right, but predicted winners for LAFCA:Film: AmourDirector: HanekeActor: Lavant (He was one lf the runner ups in NY. I think he'll get LA)Actress: Riva (I will have a meltdown if she doesn't win)Supporting Actor: HedlundSupporting Actess: HathawayScreenplay: No fuckinf clue, Amour or Lincoln I think.

I'm gonna regret this tomorrow and probably won't get any of these right, but predicted winners for LAFCA:Film: AmourDirector: HanekeActor: Lavant (He was one lf the runner ups in NY. I think he'll get LA)Actress: Riva (I will have a meltdown if she doesn't win)Supporting Actor: HedlundSupporting Actess: HathawayScreenplay: No fuckinf clue, Amour or Lincoln I think.

Those are good, I think LA is gonna troll us all. I have Amour as 2nd alt for now. MasterPTAPhoenixRivaMMAdamsAmour

LAFCA

Film: Amour

Director: PTA

Actor: Daniel Day Lewis

Actress Jennifer Lawrence

Supp. Actor: Tommy Lee Jones

Supp Actress: Ann Hathaway

Screenplay: Amour

This won't happen if Amour gets Picture and Screenplay. Actress is definitely by far its strongest bet.

The Boston Online Film Critics Association (I've never heard of them either. a new group, apparently)BEST PICTURE:ZERO DARK THIRTYBEST DIRECTOR:Kathryn Bigelow, ZERO DARK THIRTYBEST ACTOR:Daniel Day-Lewis, LINCOLNBEST ACTRESS:Jessica Chastain, ZERO DARK THIRTYBEST SUPPORTING ACTOR:Tommy Lee Jones, LINCOLNBEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:Anne Hathaway, LES MISERABLESBEST SCREENPLAY:Tony Kushner, LINCOLNBEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM:OSLO, AUGUST 31STBEST DOCUMENTARY:HOW TO SURVIVE A PLAGUEBEST ANIMATED FILM:PARANORMANBEST CINEMATOGRAPHY:Roger Deakins, SKYFALLBEST EDITING:William Goldenberg & Dylan Tichenor, ZERO DARK THIRTYBEST ORIGINAL SCORE:Jonny Greenwood, THE MASTERBEST ENSEMBLE CAST:MOONRISE KINGDOMTHE TEN BEST FILMS OF THE YEAR:ZERO DARK THIRTYBEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILDLINCOLNMOONRISE KINGDOMDJANGO UNCHAINEDOSLO, AUGUST 31STHOLY MOTORSTHE MASTERARGOCLOUD ATLAS

Edited by CoolioD1

I like those guys. Skyfall for cinematography, The Master for score, Moonrise for ensemble, Cloud Atlas and Holy Motors in the top 10. On a side note, Lawrence really needs to start winning some awards already. Not that I'm rooting against Chastain (I just hope her character in ZDT is substantial enough), I'd just like to see something of a race here.

Haha!So what happened to all that "Argo is locked in Boston" talk?ZDT is not going to sweep, it's going to tidal wave!

This is an online group that started in May of this year. The long-standing Boston group people were talking about votes tomorrow.

LMFAOOOOOO

Wells blames SLP snub from BOFCA on the critics not getting laid.

:rofl: :rofl:

Zero Silver Linings recognition indicates that the BOFCA membership is dweeb-heavy -- i.e., lonely/homely guys (including a certain percentage of beefalos) who haven't been especially lucky or fortunate in affairs of the heart. God has favored them with brains, diligence and writing ability, but he hasn't smiled on their sex lives. Slipshod as this may sound, this is HE's working theory about the matter. Put another way, I have come to strongly suspect over the past several weeks that if SLP has a problem with any particular group, it's with these guys.