CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2012 (Winners in 1st post)

The win makes no sense.If you think a film has the best direction, best lead actor, best supporting actress, and best production design, and is second-best in its music and in its cinematography, how does it lose to a film which is only mentioned in 1st or 2nd in a single other category?

It has no effect on Oscar race, just a blip. no big deal. Edited by JackO

For an alleged best picture frontrunner/winner it is getting trashed. By the way, have you read The Hollywood Reporter's review?

1. It's still early, and as I said, it's still going up.2. Yes, I read THR review, but I wasn't aware Todd McCarthy, great reviewer he is, is the be all, end all of film quality.3. No musical ever gets unanimous support, even the most critically acclaimmed Chicago has a relatively low score among best picture winners. If you want to see a musical get trashed, look at Nine (which is a terrible stage show, so I really don't know why this was a suprise. les mis is a classic)

But quanitatively and qualitatively it simply doesn't jive with how they viewed The Master based on the amount of attention they gave it.

It definitely is a shock, definitely expected Master to get it after all those awards it won.

Well, LA sure as hell chickend out on Hanneke because, as already pointe dout, BP win makes no sense w/o BD at least in runner-up seat. i`m not disputing Amour quality, I`m disputing LA balls.

Definitely, Haneke should've at least been runner up, and from the looks of it PTA ran away with that award.

1. It's still early, and as I said, it's still going up.2. Yes, I read THR review, but I wasn't aware Todd McCarthy, great reviewer he is, is the be all, end all of film quality.3. No musical ever gets unanimous support, even the most critically acclaimmed Chicago has a relatively low score among best picture winners. If you want to see a musical get trashed, look at Nine (which is a terrible stage show, so I really don't know why this was a suprise. les mis is a classic)

You are fooling yourself if you think reviews that call a film vocal diarrea and an enema are the hallmarks of a BP winner. Rating is inflated by UK fanboys. 55 on metacritic.

Les mis average on RT is 7.5 how is that getting awful reviews?

It`s a love-hate movie. Higher averige shows that those who love it,love it, hence why averige is higher than it`s usual for such RT score. But bad reviews are really outright pans, no way to spin it.