iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

12.4m midnights is really really really strong for December but we've never really seen a fanboy rush movie in December where midnights are a real thing. I have no idea how frontloaded this movie will be.EDIT: 38-40 has to be a tad disappointing with that midnight figure. But we'll see... not rushing to judgement this time...

I thought midnights were 13 million? And that 38-40 million figure is bound to go up. It always does with Nikki. Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

No showtimes have sold out today or tonight around DC. Freaking Lincoln has sold out showings here tonight.

There's 1 7:30 sellout at Regal Gallery and 2 sellouts at Georgetown (6:00, 8:00 IMAX). Outside of those I've counted about 20 sellouts in NoVA and MD.

Revisionist history can be good or bad. Predicting box office isn't an exact science, so we're always learning new things that challenge conventional thinking. Remember Avatar? Its midnight and OW numbers had those of us calling for a modest $250m run ready to scream victory. Look what happened...

The one thing I've learned in all my years of studying this crap is that we never really do stop learning. That's one reason I've enjoyed it so much... in a sick way. :lol:

LOL know what you mean been at it like 30 yrs
  • Like 2

I enjoyed the opening scene of this. The visuals were crazy. There were pacing issues, especially in the beginning but the action here and there compensated for it. The "riddles" part were long too, but I enjoyed it. I want to see more.

40M is 27M without midnights. I doubt it does much more than 30M on Saturday. 100M isn't gonna happen if Rth is right.

I have to say, I was never convinced by a $100m OW, it always felt weird in December. Legs are more important.
  • Like 1

So est is about 38-40, atm i go bet 38-42 see how it looks into evening later,now as an interesting point if at the two extremes at this moment in time played like THG you'd only do 32m if it was like BD2 you'd hit 47m

Wow so BD2 did a lot more night business than THG?
  • Like 1