iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

I think it is doing fine. In no way did I think it was crossing $100M OW. It might have strong legs...WOM seems pretty decent.

Yea but u know 85-90% of the people here would have sneered at anyone who suggested 100/300 wasnt a lock.
  • Like 1

Yea but u know 85-90% of the people here would have sneered at anyone who suggested 100/300 wasnt a lock.

indeed.I find this OW number very satisfaying...because of all those 100-150m ow predictions thrown around by ringers, and the way ringers have been treated anyone who disagree with them. Edited by teardropmina

To me it comes across as either A) shes an idiot or B) shes on WBS PAYROLL. Nowhere in her article does it say that it only broke that December opening weekend record by a few dollars. And that it had 3d to assist it. Beating the December record by about 7 mill is nothing to get excited about. The way she is speaking in her article you think it just made 150 or something like a shatterin of the record

WB payroll. She`s hyping the record

like she's mocking The AVENGERS OW and just lumping the Worldwide Number in it to prove her point when there's no comparison..

IMO, WB is so desperate for records and this is their last chance they are delberatively underplaying it`s a record for month of December and try to make it sound like it`s all-time record. And when December is mentioned way below the headline hyping $200 mio WW OW as if it`s $200 mio dom OW, pretense is that record fell by much.

I think a lot of people have been banging their heads trying to understand the numbers when avengers came out and hence lost quite a lot of brain cells. Forums like this have been predicting outrageous numbers for the last 6 months. People need to get a grip.

This is what I posted 2 months ago in Skyfall thread:

I was on the fence previously, but the reviews have now convinced me.90M!!I'm tempted to make a Skyfall over TH1 OW club..... but I know nobody else will join, so....... :)

:PDon't just sit there.... applaud!! Edited by Fake
  • Like 2

I am on my phone so I cannot look it up. But what did films like breaking dawn2, Sherlock Holmes MI4 and either films drop on their opening sunday? I think 30 percent is too hight I could be wrong though.

300m isn't locked yet, you can't lock it on the basis of Saturday number.As for possible, 350m even 375m may be possible.

How about this basis:Of the top 28 films that had opening days north of 37 M, only POTTER and TWILIGHT films plus an X-MEN film failed to make 300 M. This is crossing 300 M.

I suppose the record is a nice thing, but its still less than I wanted. The RT score sucks, but the' A' Cinemascore is gratifying and is what counts for legs. Im still hoping for 350M, but under THG sucks.

No, no, no. Under THG does not suck, your high expectations suck.
  • Like 1

I am on my phone so I cannot look it up. But what did films like breaking dawn2, Sherlock Holmes MI4 and either films drop on their opening sunday? I think 30 percent is too hight I could be wrong though.

SH2, MI4 , ROTK Sundays fell in Holiday period.All the movies that open around this time when holidays haven't started drop 32-40% on Sunday. IAL which opened on the exact same day dropped 36%.

How about this basis:Of the top 28 films that had opening days north of 37 M, only POTTER and TWILIGHT films plus an X-MEN film failed to make 300 M. This is crossing 300 M.

Need I remind you that out of 37M, 13M were from midnights? How many movies nowadays with OD excluding midnights less than 25m reach 300m?

I'm loving the fact that this is performing 'normally'

This. It is a normal blockbuster opening. I think the term normal is really what should be used for tentpoles that are far from crashing and burning and far from laughable expectations of their most rabid fanboys.IMO, unless a movie is totally new property like Avatar so people are yet to meet characters, see if they`ll become their new movie heroes or not, extreme openings (TA, THG,etc) happen when a movie features heroes of their generation. Every generation has its own heroes. I think that TH/LOTR heroes are heroes of 2001-2003 generation. They are still loved by their generation but new heroes are more loved by the current generation that is the biggest revenue-generator. hence why normal opening for something that opened bigger in its day and abnormal opening for few new movis. Edited by fishnets