iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

I'm opposed to increased government intervention, but I think (some) Americans have to get over this notion that owning a gun is some kind of noble birthright. The Second Amendment is nothing more than a colonial hangover. There's nothing patriotic about defending its existence.

It's like everything else. That existed in the first place because people wanted to own guns and will continue to exist as long as people want to own guns. Can't really call it a "colonial hangover" unless people had changed their stance on it. When/if that happens, it will go away. I don't think it will happen though. People who own legal guns rarely are the problem. (not never...rarely)A possible solution would be to invent a machine that made all guns on the planet disappear and caused everyone to forget how to make them or that they ever existed. But of course we would just find other ways to kill each other....people are what they are....can't pass a law to change humanity.

Really, The HOBBIT is performing about the same way the LOTR movies performed back in the 90's.. People just had unreasonable expectations with the desire to see TA record fall and it wasn't going to happen..

Most of us were not talking about TA, but 110-120/400+. Every LOTR movie adjusts to 440-490 (and without 3D). I do not think it was unreasonable. But we were obviously wrong (at least in OW topic).
  • Like 1

You should read some threads backwards and see there was tons of bragging that TH would beat at least TA if not Titanic and Avatar.

tons? maybe one of two posters were convinced of it, but most of us were not saying that.

You should read some threads backwards and see there was tons of bragging that TH would beat at least TA if not Titanic and Avatar

I'm sorry, but I never ONCE saw someone predict upwards of 600m for this. That's such a ridiculous number.

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/6-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-december-14-2012-1-on-fandango-sales-as-of-1128/These are just some of the predictions....SOME...from the original thread:Reddevil: 1.3 bill internationally...400-500 domestic: 1.7-1.8 bill WWNeo: "If Potter can do 900 ovs, this can do a billion for sure. Total: 1.4 billTotem: 420m Domestic and 930m OSnalkaline: 440M/1.05B/1.49BMattrek: 1.5 bill
  • Like 2

You should read some threads backwards and see there was tons of bragging that TH would beat at least TA if not Titanic and Avatar.

That is not true at all. There was one poster predicting close to $2b. One. (as far as i know)Beating TA worldwide was seen as a possibility by some, myself included. Beating it domestically - no chance. Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

http://forums.boxoff...les-as-of-1128/These are just some of the predictions....SOME...from the original thread:Reddevil: 1.3 bill internationally...400-500 domestic: 1.7-1.8 bill WWNeo: "If Potter can do 900 ovs, this can do a billion for sure. Total: 1.4 billTotem: 420m Domestic and 930m OSnalkaline: 440M/1.05B/1.49BMattrek: 1.5 bill

I thought you were talking about just DOM. I remember two posters who said over 600. For OS numbers, myself have been predicting 1 billion. In fact, I was thinking in same numbers than nalkaline. My fault :P

That is not true at all. There was one poster predicting close to $2b. One. (as far as i know)Beating TA worldwide was seen as a possibility by some, myself included. Beating it domestically - no chance.

I said there was bragging it would beat TA, I didn`t specify either dom or WW. I just said there was. So I was right. poeple did count on OS to take this over TA. Edited by fishnets

Impact: 1.4 billDruv: a bill internationally and 1.4 bill totalJohn Marston: I can understand people being wary of huge domestic numbers but I really do not understand how anyone can actually lowball the overseas number. I mean people actually think it will only make about 50m more than Rotk? Give me a breakDarth Ledger: (he might have the best prediction) 360/800/1.16 billThere were people saying that TH overseas could beat DH2 TOTAL.