iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

I am Legend did 77 and that was the record. Avatar did 75. The point is December is difficult to get 100 Million OW. I felt the fanboys would take it across but it seems fanboy love isn't enough, the general audience has to be there too. The point is seeing what happen with "The Hobbit" last night makes me more impressed with "I am Legend" OW.

I am Legend did 77 and that was the record. Avatar did 75. The point is December is difficult to get 100 Million OW. I felt the fanboys would take it across but it seems fanboy love isn't enough, the general audience has to be there too. The point is seeing what happen with "The Hobbit" last night makes me more impressed with "I am Legend" OW.

It's not hard to get the December record when you are a prequel to one of the most beloved franchises of all time, have the advantage of 5 years of inflation, IMAX and 3D. There is nothing impressive about what The Hobbit did. It is at the most expected, at the least, incredibly disappointing.
  • Like 2