lilmac

Most underrated films of 2012

Rockwell was so good in seven psychopaths. Talk about underrated performances this year him and Rebel Wilson in Pitch Perfect.

"You really call yourself Fat Amy?""Yeah, so twig bitches like you can't do it behind my back."I get the feeling that Pitch Perfect is going to be a smaller-scale Mean Girls: decent hit in theaters, huge on home video.
  • Like 1

Hmm, does underrated refer to reviews, boxoffice take or both?Really, I only have three movies I consider vastly underrated this year, but all 3 had pretty good reviews, it was their wholly unsatisfying boxoffice take that made them underrated.Cabin in the Woods 91% RT, $42 mil BO)Dredd (77% RT, $13.4 mil BO)Perks of Being a Wallflower (85% RT, $17 mil BO)

Underrated means for you whatever you want it to mean. For me, I think of critic reviews. If they're trending negative but the movie is actually very good..that film is underrated. Hobbit comes to mind. WOM is a factor as well although that's more difficult for me to gauge. Gladiator is an example of an overrated movie whose WOM, I feel, is better than the film.