lilmac

Most underrated films of 2012

-Cloud Atlas - I think it's fair to say this, given the heavily mixed reviews and the bleh box office. This is truly amazing stuff.-Safety Not Guaranteed - This film takes a unique premise and makes an exciting picture out of it. Too bad it kind of was a dud at the box office.

Project X is easily the most underrated film of 2012. That movie represented young adult culture in the 21st century. Although Prometheus follows closely behind. Besides Project X there is Chronicle, Men in Black 3, Frankenweenie, Prometheus, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, and Brave

It's showing up on a few Top 10 lists, so I can't say it's being completely ignored, but seriously: check out THE GREY. Fantastic Neeson performance and a story that's the bastard lovechild of Jack London and Ernest Hemingway. Great great stuff -- it's my favorite film of the year (to date).

A million percent agree with this.
  • Like 2

Obviously, My top choice is Wreck It Ralph. One hell of a movie, and the best animated movie to come out IMO since Toy Story 3. Had the perfect combination of Depth, Story, Characters, and Visuals. Being a someone who grew up on video games like Sonic, Mario, Pac-Man, and Street Fighter 2, Wreck It Ralph is hugely underrated.Brave, Another Pixar great. Know it got mixed-to-positive reviews from the critics, but It was a lot better than I expected. Love the Mother/Daughter story line. Relate-able heroine with a good story line.Don't get the love for The Grey. Movie was fine till its shit ending.